Sign in to follow this  
inveterate

OPteron 144 FINALLY

GOT my opty 144, now it' is at 2.9ghz 322x9

mem at 9/10 = 289x2 2.5 - 4 - 3 - 7 2.94Volts

Ultra D Bios 704-BTA

Idle 35C, Load on PRIME95 52C. Load on games, 47C top.

Are these temperatures acceptable, I'm using 1.552 Volts by the way, and it absolutely rock solid at both load and idle no droops whatsoever.

Suggestions on further development? TIA

It is already prime 24hr stable

id say those temps are fine...

i bet you could get better OC results with a better PSu...

No offense but i had that psu and it was unreliable,,, read the psu guide and its one to avoid...

just a thought...but u have a good overclock now anyways so ..meh =/

good job = )

didn't have much trouble with the psu god bless.. But how does a better psu help me in this case when the voltage is solid and more than enough watts for 79gt and single proc

GUYS, i need serious Commentary/help/explination on what happened.. LIKE it's magical in an alarmingly bad good way..

I ran prime at 12o'clock last night and till now when i just got home.. THE prime got my comp to 52C last night when it started.. RIGHT now it's at 47-49C. WTF is going on. It is not thermal throttleing as i checked cpuz and s-pi 32M. cpuz show 2.898ghz still and super pi ran 32M and temp never hit above 47C.... DID I BREAK THE TERMAL MONITOR. like did it finally crack or something.. I"M VERY CONCERNED that it is running so cool all of a sudden.

Its only a few degrees dont get so worried.. :)

I would say that maybe your TIM broke in and made your temps drop a little.. OR your room temp changed a few degrees.. This is completely normal. !

edit..

btw.. Like this others said you should really look into a nice quality psu since your running a pretty good overclock.. Besides that all your other parts look like top notch stuff might as well give them good clean power to avoid problems in the future..

/"strokes my fu-man-chu" ok guys I'm not all that convinced but since i've been wanting to do that for a while anyway, i'll get a new PS, looking at the powerstream 520 and or that GamerXstream. Anyone know anything bout the gamerxstream, i can't seem to find any reviews.

ok just checked temps again,, i'm scared..

DURING Super-Pi 32M won't top that number at all now.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/Inveterate/TEMP.jpg

you could get the enhance xeon whatever from Ewiz.com. thy are like 79 bux. those are OEM versions of the silverstone Strider which is rock solid and is a 550w PSU.

Price is of no issue. I just want something a psu that u guys said would get me a better OC from the previous posts.

Yes i'm in HS, only child, don't have job, but have 2 parents = 2jobs. :nod: .

how about the fortron psu's over at the egg? seem to do rather well for the price (much cheaper than the OCZ) or you could always look into enermax or silverstone. main reason i boght my powerstream was ebcause it was ;)