Sign in to follow this  
kevonpm

Hot Chipset

I just got everything up and running last night. Smart Guardian says CPU at 25, PWM IC at 48, and Chipset at 51. Should I be worried about anything. Ran Prime95 all last night an no errors.

Yes, those are load temps. Thanks a lot for the help guys. Now to convince my self to try to learn about overclocking. Seems like there is a ton of info, and it is all a little overwhelming. Baby steps, but it seems like one paragraph in and I am scratching my head, lol

DUDE yo,, rig a small fan, the stock AMD FAN :rolleyes: rip it off the heat sink and rig tohave it blow at the pwmics directly bout 2 inches away. my pwmic never exeeds 38. :nod:

oonly thing you have to worry about is the dfi fan failing since it will be on high all the time, but taht isnt a big deal when you replace with evercool vc-re

kevonpm, You can also go into BIOS under PC health and lower the chipset temp at which the fan will run at full speed!!

Thanks a ton for the advice on adjusting the temperature, as for the CPU temp being low, I dont know what to say, what HSF are you using?