new official BIOS 04/06/2006

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As above. Exactly my thoughts. It maybe paranoia, but sometimes it's almost like they want you to mess up, just so they can say, we told you so.

I tried this latest bios. Just before entering windows one of my screens started displaying a load of rubbish. Hadn't seen this before. i rebooted without OC and all was fine this time.

However thought that was enough of a warning so have gone back to previous bios.

They say you should only update bios if you are having problems, which seems fair advice. My system has an incredibly slow shutdown, and I wanted to see if this helped at all.

RLM

As above. Exactly my thoughts. It maybe paranoia, but sometimes it's almost like they want you to mess up, just so they can say, we told you so.

I tried this latest bios. Just before entering windows one of my screens started displaying a load of rubbish. Hadn't seen this before. i rebooted without OC and all was fine this time.

However thought that was enough of a warning so have gone back to previous bios.

They say you should only update bios if you are having problems, which seems fair advice. My system has an incredibly slow shutdown, and I wanted to see if this helped at all.

RLM

Friend of mine hadn't success in flashing the bios... he has a SLI-DR, I think... updated normally with a floppy... pressed F1 to reboot... 5 minutes passed and no reboot.... :eek: pressed reset button :eek2:

That bios must have something weird.

Given that the 04/06 bios was pulled, which bios should I use for my rig, with the 165?

I purchased my PC parts in the middle of march, so does that mean it was shipped with the newest driver from march or earler?

So far I haven't hard any problems with my rig, but I'd like to figure out which bios I'm currently running and try to OC the rig.

Thanks!

Hi,

flashed this bios on my Ultra-D yesterday without a problem (I used a flash-cd). Can use the same settings as on the bios listed in my signature. Had only one problem: When I tried to adjust my HTT via clockgen (yes i know, use the bios...), I got a full reboot. Never happened to me with my "old" bios. Would be interesting to know why it had been removed by DFI...

Gipse

alexandre.ce I had the same problem, and now my pc don't boot up... I need to rewrite my BIOS eprom because of it... So sad.

Now I'm just searching for a place that could do this job for me...

]['z

"i updated to the 4/06 bios on my nf4 ultra-d and it stopped posting and showed 3 led's. i called them up and they're shipping me a new bios chip."

And in another country? What can we do? I sent an e-mail for the tech support and it returned to me with the message: "Technical details of temporary failure:

TEMP_FAILURE: Could not initiate SMTP conversation with any hosts:

[mail.dfiweb.com. (10): 550 Connection refused"... where's DFI support?

]['z

I flashed with Winflash to 4/06 bios and all is good, no problems here.

Will there be made a better bios, like the 704-2BTA from this new 4/06 ?

Any news of why it's pulled back ?

PRJ

i don't think there is such a thing as a better BIOS....

The reason why 704-2BTA was that popular was because it had looser default timings (handy for people who don't know to put their RAM settings)

A BIOS does not contain any magic, components will not run faster or different (other than the bugfixes by the manufacturer. so if you system boots 4/06 is fine.

I remember BIOSes for ABIT's NF7 by Merlin, Trats and Tic Tac.

U cannot say that's not some kind of magic :D when people with 1 BIOS couldnt go 10MHz FSB up and with other they made 250MHz FSB or even higher.