new official BIOS 04/06/2006

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing how it had a fix for my mouse problem I went ahead and flashed it. First plus is I didn't have to throw the switch on the bios savior. It does not have the timing tweaks that Tony's 406 has. Boots up with tight timings, UCCC boots up just fine. All my settings from the 704 2BTA work just fine at 275 mem speed. I'll give it a thourough workout over the weekend. Really feels about the same as the 704 2BTA but now my PS2 mouse works with a USB keyboard plugged in.

Pyr0 did you look at the two Venus Bioses? Flashed the latest?

i haven't tried the new official bios yet (flashing later), but using a hex compare, i can see that the official bios is different from Tony's 0406

iv always use the auto seft extract .exe to flash my bios whats the procedure to use with the file proveide in this thread???

when you click the link, scroll down a little, and you should find the self extracting exe

personally i'll probably use winflash for x64

Just updated to the new BIOS, so far so good. Will try tweaking my mem timings later to see if it has improved.

Has anyone checked to see if this fixes any warm boot issues with Seasonics and others?

It fixed mine. My ultra - d is rock stable. Before I couldn't reboot or warm boot without the bios crashing. It seems this new bios fixed that. Now that all the bugs seem to be gone I can start overcloking. :D