Is My +3700 crappy ?

Magel

Thanks for the advice so far guys. I just want to ask again what I asked in one of my earlier posts to get some advice -

Originally Posted by Kandoo

You seem to be running a lot of equipment on that PSU? Perhaps that is your problem?

Prehaps someone could suggest a QUITE 600w + PSU.

During testing I kept a close eye on the VCORE readings and the 12v readings. The VCORE seemed to go up and down at higher clocks but seems to be stable at lower clocks. EG. I would set the VCORE to say 1.55 v but the reading in monitors would say 1.52 and would go down even furthur during testing. The 12v reading was going down bellow 11.96 and wasnt going back up to 12.00 durring testing at 1.6v ++. Prehaps the CPU isnt getting enough stable current.

You want a recommendation for a PSU, wait until OCZ comes out with their GamerXStream Series PSU's, 600w/700w reasonable prices too. I believe they are already on BACK ORDER for the Pre-Order at ZipZoomFly, hehehe. Get one!!!!!

OCZ OCZ600GXSSLI GamerXStream 600W Power Supply $139

OCZ OCZ700GXSSLI GamerXStream 700W Power Supply $159

Im in the midst of overclocking my whoel comp but i managed to get my 3700+ san diego to do 2838mhz on 1.65v witha bigtyphoon, still workin ont eh ram tho so i cant tell u waht final will be but i had it runnign at 258x11 x3 ltd 1/2 ram div, temps are a bit over 40 usually @ 42 i foudn it actually overclocked better when i lowered the volts form 1.75 to 1.65 migth be worth a try