Another Delivery of Components

wingspar

LOL, i was trying for the life of me to figure out what those 2 metal things were for. In the end, they just went back in the box with the duct and that was that. If you figure out what they are for i would definetly like to know.

They are extra 5.25" cover plates in case you remove a 5.25 drive, and want to replace the cover.

From the Antec Manual.

If you don't plan to use certain drive bays, leave the metal cover assemblies in place. And if you later decide to cover drive bays again, we've included two EMI cover plates in the toolbox.

I asked the question in another forum, and with the answers I got, I was able to figure out where in the manual to look. It's there, but if you haven't a clue as to what they are in the first place, you will probably overlook them in the manual. I did. They aren't covered in the parts list either.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shaolin95

Nice system you are putting together, congrats! Will be waiting for your follow up posts.

Have fun!

Thanks. The brown truck just dropped off a case fan. The first item I’ve bought from SVC. Man, they are fast, easy to deal with, and they do a great job of packing the item. The UPS guys could have played soccer with it, and the fan would have survived.

Should have my video card by Thursday. Soon after that, I’ll begin the build and the process of photographing it. I’ll post some of the photos here, but probably do a web page style photo gallery of the build so as to not clutter up the forum too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, everything is in the case, all wired up and ready for electricity. I’m confused about a couple of things I’ve posted questions about over in the nVidia nForce 4 forum I need to understand better before I proceed with the next boot. I haven’t taken as many photos as I thought I would. My other half was around for some of the build, and she took a few photos, but most of the time I was too involved with what I was doing to think about taking photos, but I do have more photos than I’m going to post here. I’ll post some tho.

The first boot on the kitchen table. Couldn’t eat off the kitchen table for over a week. :D You can even see the hsf spinning.

59631835.build03_1749.jpg

The psu, optical drives and hard drives in. Good thing the hard drive cage slides out real easy. Made it much easier to install the motherboard without the drives in there.

59672459.build06_0556.jpg

All wired up.

59770637.build06_0807.jpg

59770638.build07_0808.jpg

Waiting for the brown truck is unbearable, especially over the weekend when the package is so close yet you're forced to wait till Monday to get it.

I got all my parts Monday and I threw them all together. I took my time, made sure nothing could go wrong due to user error. Unfortunately, despite all my patience I was forced to RMA my board. Now I gotta wait for the brown truck again....