Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

PWMIC getting too hot?

i noticed that everytime i oc and later,benchmark, the pwmic gets very hot,almost 71degC!.

i managed to pass 9hrs of prime solely because i placed a huge fan blowing direct into my board.

meanwhile it drops to ard 39degC

Why are you putting 1.52v on the Vcore on a CPU that has a default vcore of 1.35v for a measly 10hz increase on the HTT ???

leave the vcore on AUTO.....

I'm sure it will put the temperature on your PWMIC down quite a bit

I could swear I saw [email protected] the first time you posted the thread....

My bad....

in that case try intalling a small fan blowing onto that aread....

there are several good tips on the "modification" section of the forum

I could swear I saw [email protected] the first time you posted the thread....

My bad....

in that case try intalling a small fan blowing onto that aread....

there are several good tips on the "modification" section of the forum

i meant i typed wrongly for my sig.

sorry

i meant i typed wrongly for my sig.

sorry

hehehhe ok...so I'm not going crazy....

So, alternatives are like I said installing a small fan on top of the power regulator heatsinks or...you can mod your side panel to install a 120mm fan on it....

one thing is for sure....to drop the temps you gotta have better air circulation on that area

i noticed that everytime i oc and later,benchmark, the pwmic gets very hot,almost 71degC!.

i managed to pass 9hrs of prime solely because i placed a huge fan blowing direct into my board.

meanwhile it drops to ard 39degC

I have the same problem and posted about it a while ago. The other day I managed to get my pwmic temp. to 80C with dual prime, after which my PC rebooted:( Installing a 120 mm fan at 1200 rpm has brought almost no improvement to temps. I am at a loss.

With the summer around the corner my PC can barely hold stable at 2500MHz, while during the winter I had it rock stable up to 2650MHz 24/7....

I've got an 80mm fan installed to blow directly over the mosfets and the area around the PWMIC sensor - yes it a little noisier but the air-flow is more easily and accurately aimed.

33c idle 45c dual prime.

"With the summer around the corner my PC can barely hold stable at 2500MHz, while during the winter I had it rock stable up to 2650MHz 24/7...."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

this is normal, there are posts every year regarding this, just part of the dealio if you clock....

it is the way with air cooling.........

baldy

I've got a 120mm fan strapped to my hard drive cage directly to the right of my board in that area. It blows air through the PWMIC area. Mine idles at 39C and never exceeds 44C. Of course for the 120 to be effective you need good intake and good exhaust routes for the air inside of your case.

As an experiment, hang you a 80, 92 or 120mm fan blowing over the PWMIC area and remove the side panel of your case.

See if you get a decent drop in temps. If so you might consider a different case with better airflow. I highly recommend the NZXT Lexa. It has great airflow characteristics. (In fact I'm using one now)

I've got an 80mm fan installed to blow directly over the mosfets and the area around the PWMIC sensor - yes it a little noisier but the air-flow is more easily and accurately aimed.

33c idle 45c dual prime.

I look at your temperatures and I cannot believe them. My room temperature at the moment is 21°C. With the side panel of my case open, 120 mm fan blowing on top of the pwmic and under dual prime my pwmic temperatures did not go below 60°C. My idle temperatures stay above 48 °C and I run my memory at just 2.8 V @ 10x260 versus your 3.3 V???

How is this possible??? I mean I can assume my cooler Master Praetorian is not the most spacious of cases but yet again with the side panel open and the 120 mm fan blowing on top of the pwmic there shouldn't be such a high difference in temperatures given the similarities in both systems.

I've got a 120mm fan strapped to my hard drive cage directly to the right of my board in that area. It blows air through the PWMIC area. Mine idles at 39C and never exceeds 44C. Of course for the 120 to be effective you need good intake and good exhaust routes for the air inside of your case.

As an experiment, hang you a 80, 92 or 120mm fan blowing over the PWMIC area and remove the side panel of your case.

See if you get a decent drop in temps. If so you might consider a different case with better airflow. I highly recommend the NZXT Lexa. It has great airflow characteristics. (In fact I'm using one now)

I have done that experiment and the difference in temperatures I get is around 8 to 10°C. This sounds like a lot, but it still leaves me at over 60° which is quite high when compared to temperatures posted here by other people running similar systems. I don't live in the tropics either, my outside temperature is around 20°C at the moment and my PC is in an air-conditioned room with temperatures set at 21-22°C.