What IS The Best Air-Cooler Out There?

I have an Opteron 170 and got a 0550 UPMW! Now to overclock it........... I'm not interested in anything above, say, an aquagate mini r120, which leaves mostly air cooling. Here is what I gathered from research, and I am just looking for the best temps possible. FORGET NOISE.

ThermalTake Big Typhoon

Vapochill Micro Extreme Performance

ThermalRight XP-120 or their new one that doesnt interfere with the RAM, the SI-120

Cooler Master Hyper 6+

Raidmax Glacier (Fan Failure Issues?)

Which one of these is best and howwould it perform compared to an Aquagate Mini R120?

you got the best one out there in your sig :D

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't tried many coolers, yet. So don't know others. At the moment I have Arctic Freezer Pro 64. It keeps my CPU overclocked at 2700MHz stock voltage, idle 35C, load 42 C. Case has 12cm intake and exhaust fans. Room temp 25C.

i have a TT Big Typhoon and love it, except its.. huge..

+quiet

+6 heatpipe

+best air cooler i've used

+120mm fan

-wont fit in some cases

-sometimes can be a pain to install, or work around

If your feeling Crazy

Awesome:)

Caution - Do not plug this into your mobo though....just your PSU and let it RIP!

Thought my panasonic fan is crazy enough and loud enough (104CMF 41 DB). Guess there is not way to compete with the whole world. ;)

Anywayz, I think Zalman 9500 is good. However, I think the balance of in/out airflow is important. You don't have to have 104 CMF into your case and only 50 CMF out of it. Then ur 104CMF fan doesn't serve its purpose. :)