Sign in to follow this  
2wyce

Cant get around this wall 3200+ Venice.

Well this is what I am trying to do and what I have tried. I was able to get stable at 2650mhz before I removed the IHS on the Venice. I figured maybe I would take it off and burn it in real good and be able to get to 2700mhz so I could run my GSkill Le at 1.1 @ 300mhz. Using a 9 CPU multi,300mhz FSB,and 3x LDT. My Vcore is set to 1.500 + 110% or 1.650. I can't seam to get it stable for more than 1h and 5 min in prime and 1h 40 min in OCCT. I am using a Venus + 12 Heatsink right now and I am upgrading to a Artic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro. My temps are 43c full load now.

I RMA'ed my ram and I am using a stick of PC2700 256mb to boot up with and try to stabalize the CPU. I'm using a 2/03 devider for the memory. Any ideas on what I could try?

I RMA'ed my ram and I am using a stick of PC2700 256mb to boot up with and try to stabalize the CPU. I'm using a 2/03 devider for the memory. Any ideas on what I could try?

Please be more specific with the settings your trying with this pc2700 stick..

Multi.. htt.. ?

it is possible that the chip wont do more than 2650 with stability, thats a high vcore regardless of temps(which by the way could be slightly out so be careful)

are you trying to get stability with your ram at 1:2??? and what are you testing with

i agree, its quit possible thats the wall. esp if you have the mem on a high divider. my 3200 will run stable at 2.65 but anything above, and ill bsod ~3 hours into prime.

I had the same problem on a 3500 venice. 2640 was the absolute limit - until I took off the IHS and my temps went down enough for me to bump up the voltage slightly. Then it would do 2750 stable :-)

As long as load temps are below 50C you should be able to add a little voltage. If I remember correctly 1.69-1.72v was my stable point at 46C load,water cooled. (think of this aside as a full legal disclaimer full of fine print about how anything you do to blow up your cpu is up to you :-)

Yeah I had to bump my vcore to 1.6 in order to get 2.7 totally stable. It primed for 12 hours at 2.7 @1.5 but it would lock up when playing games. Now that its at 1.6 I am stable in games also.

Like others have said it might just be the max of your cpu. My 3200 venice will not do anything higher then 2650mhz stable, increasing the volts dont help either.

I think I got the problem fixed. I upgraded to a Artic Freezer 64 pro and I am passing prime now at the setting below for 3 hours so far. Here is my setting though if you guys see anything out of ordinary.

CPU Settings

10x CPU Multi

270 FSB

1.500 + 110%

3x LDT

Memory Settings PC 2700 no name garbage on 140 devider. This is what CPU-Z says about it. I can't find any ratings except Cas 3 on the stick. It also says that the memory is running at 180mhz in CPU-Z but I cant get the stick to boot up anything lower than this.

Size 256mb Channels # Single

Frequency 180Mhz

FSB: DRAM CPU/15

CAS# Latency 2.5

RAS# to CAS# Delay 3

RAS# Precharge 3

Cycle Time (TRAS) 6

Bank Cycle Time (TRC) 12

DRAM Idle Timer 256 Clocks

Command Rate 1T

Module Size 256Mb Correction None

Max Bandwith PC2700 166Mhz Registered No

Manufacturer SpekTec Incorporated Buffered No

Serial Number 1301243E

Manufacturing Date Week 21 03

Speed Timing Table

Frequency 100mhz 166mhz

Cas Latency 2.0 2.5

Ras# to Cas# 2 3

Ras# Precharge 2 3

Tras# 5 7

If I remember correctly 1.69-1.72v was my stable point at 46C load,water cooled.
Wow, very high Vcore. How long do you use this already?

I also had a Venice 3200+ E6 and I cannot get them higher than 2700.

I used it at 1.6v at 2640mhz for about 6 months before upgrading to an X2 3800 (see sig). Now it sits on my desk doing nothing - I'll probably upgrade my wife's PC soon. I'm waiting for a new TEC/Waterblock to arrive first.

I think I got the problem fixed. I upgraded to a Artic Freezer 64 pro and I am passing prime now at the setting below for 3 hours so far. Here is my setting though if you guys see anything out of ordinary.

CPU Settings

10x CPU Multi

270 FSB

1.500 + 110%

3x LDT

Memory Settings PC 2700 no name garbage on 140 devider. This is what CPU-Z says about it. I can't find any ratings except Cas 3 on the stick. It also says that the memory is running at 180mhz in CPU-Z but I cant get the stick to boot up anything lower than this.

Size 256mb Channels # Single

Frequency 180Mhz

FSB: DRAM CPU/15

CAS# Latency 2.5

RAS# to CAS# Delay 3

RAS# Precharge 3

Cycle Time (TRAS) 6

Bank Cycle Time (TRC) 12

DRAM Idle Timer 256 Clocks

Command Rate 1T

Module Size 256Mb Correction None

Max Bandwith PC2700 166Mhz Registered No

Manufacturer SpekTec Incorporated Buffered No

Serial Number 1301243E

Manufacturing Date Week 21 03

Speed Timing Table

Frequency 100mhz 166mhz

Cas Latency 2.0 2.5

Ras# to Cas# 2 3

Ras# Precharge 2 3

Tras# 5 7

I have te exact same memory - SpecTek DDR2700, and i can run it 220 @ 2,5 3 3 6 2T memtest stable... It'll probably go higher but i haven't tested yet.