Best 2x512MB and 2x1gb for nf2??

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a member at the forums?????? Have you asked them, they are after all the end users.........;). Not knocking OCUK tech depart at all, i just find the users more hhhhmmmm "honest" than the tech heads ;).

Are you a member at the forums?????? Have you asked them, they are after all the end users.........;). Not knocking OCUK tech depart at all, i just find the users more hhhhmmmm "honest" than the tech heads ;).

true i'll pop over there for some more answers.

Guess my board likes cas3 being able to run 250fsb 2x1gb :D 2T though but thats fine. If you are planning to upgrade to A64 might as well give it a shot like I did, get 2x1gb that you know will clock well there and see how it will run on a NF2 until then, unless you want to upgrade to AM2.

don't want to be cheeky but do u have any proof? i.e: screenshots as required in the oc db.

don't want to be cheeky but do u have any proof? i.e: screenshots as required in the oc db.

http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2...03dmrk010fs.jpg (temp host, stupid ftp to my website ain't responding)

Just took this a few minutes ago, not the best 3dmark01 score thats for sure (not sure why might be drivers) I'm not gonna lie about prime either as it failed around 7 hours 45 minutes or so when I was messing with the ram. I'll try to run it overnight again if I remember and update the picture.

I think its enough proof that I am running 2x1gb at 250fsb @ cas3 no problem. :angel:

Edit*

http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=everest5tf.jpg

Heres a everest screen, the top green result was from my old BH5 2x256mb, only 150mb/s difference and I got WoW running in the background :D

Great stuff Ive chickened out of the 2gig kit i was gonna get, it's good to see some results tho. How far can you get with tighter timings ? (cas2 & cas2.5) Are you gonna play around and test a fully stable oc, then post your results, that would be good. Not that fully stable is all that is required, i mean if your overclocking and able to play high-end games, rip dvds and it doesn't crash then thats great.

Ya I'm set at what I have in the screenshots you saw I haven't had the comp bsod or restart randomly which I think the entire time before I even got this ram my vcore wasn't set high enough I haven't primed it with the vcore set a 1.8 but I will do it tonight if I remember. Other than that I think the memory itself is fine, it passes through a few hours of memtest no problem, its 32m pi stable if people use that here as part of a stable test also.

As for timings I didn't try tighting it up at all seeing its already very sensative to vdimm changes, the website says 250fsb @ 2.8v which I started with but it gave me a few hundred errors in memtest, I thought maybe it wasn't getting enough juice and I was getting more errors, lowering it down to 2.6v stopped all the errors. Not sure of OCZ tried this but it worked. I also tried pushing the fsb up to 255 but that gave me errors so for me at least the limit on this chipset is 250 for 2 gigs in dual channel 2t which I think is very impressive as a non A64 setup.

Is NF2 able to run 2x512MB Double-Sided Modules, runing 1t, DC and high FSb's, like 250 or 260MHz?

The LPB and INFINITY mobos are yes(see sig). 260fsb DC 1t is a bit optimistic, but 250 to 255 is more the norm.