Tiny probs. with the motherboard.

Hi Mrhadley here, read that you was a full time employee at DFI.

first of all i would like to say i am a beginner at this, the store told me that this motherboard was very easy to install and just start gaming.but now i have a few problems.

* Often when i play games and things that require a little more power my computer crashes, reboots or the game crashes.?

* bought memory modules corsair but they didnt work when tested the retailer came up with no wrongs on them. which settins to use in bios on corsair 2x1024 pc3200 400mhz CL2.?

*when i search for people on lan in games i cant find anyone, is there an invisible firewall i have forgot to turn off och the motherboard?

:dog:

go to the pc store and have them take back that psu and get a better 1 it will most likely solve a bunch of problems..if not will fix potential issues.

hipro are not very good PSus are far as i know.....

OR at least have the store let u borrow or test a good Psu

Did you run memtest on the memory?

I agree with the person above post. Suggest get a multimeter and see if you are getting right rails out of it. I fyou do not know how to, than exchange it for a better one.

Mrhadley,

Be careful of advice you receive on these forums. As you can see I have the same PSU as you and have not had a single issue with it. Others run it too. It is on the recommened list and is most likely not the issue unless your PSU is defective.

Your problem is most likely a RAM problem in my opinion.

See if your RAM and mobo combination is here making sure you use the same bios that is listed with the settings.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38

If your RAM is not here you can try and see if you can find or get some settings here:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/forumdis...php?forumid=128

To test your RAM follow this:

Best to test 1 stick at a time in the fathest orange slot from the CPU.

Boot into the bios and under the "Genie" section at the bottom there will be a place to enable Memtest.

After rebooting loop test #5 for 20 passes minimum and test # 8 for 20 passes minimum and 5 to 10 full passes minimum.

To loop the tests press "c" then "1", then "3", then 5(or 8 for test 8), then "enter", then "0".

For the full test just let it run.

If no errors it means that the RAM isn't defective but may very likely need timing adjustments to run stable if this is your problem.

Do those tests and report your results.

As for your internet problem, did you install the Nvidia firewall (active armour I think it's called)? This is a general no go as people have had lots of problems. I would suggest using the Marvell lan and see if the internet problems continue.

Good luck.

As I said, be careful of advice.

The Expert wants a 8-pin connector and the Hiper only has four.

I think I've read they can be run with only the 4-pin.

Certainly try and rule things out (like the RAM) before you go out and get a new PSU.

Cheers.

Tried memtext no errors 24 hours, but not sure which settings to use. i will check on the posted site.

*the only prob left is i cant find anyone in dc++ or so to say i cant find any result when searching sometimes a few but not all there is...

Post your RAM settings to see if anybody can see something wrong.

If you are using AUTO on the settings, download Everest and under "motherboard", and "chipset", highlight "Northbridge: AMD Hammer IMC" will be the values that AUTO is setting. You can also use A64tweaker for those values.

This will also let you compare your settings with any you find here or elsewhere on the web.

I would check the PSU with a digital multimeter to ensure your PSU is functioning within specs.

If you have access to other RAM or another PSU you could try swapping things out to see if your problem is related to one of those.

Cheers.

As I said, be careful of advice.

The Expert wants a 8-pin connector and the Hiper only has four.

I think I've read they can be run with only the 4-pin.

Certainly try and rule things out (like the RAM) before you go out and get a new PSU.

Cheers.

How true. I have noticed that althought alot of the members here truly try to help and mean well, they tend to give advice based on something they read or heard from someone else. Trust the advice of the mods. and senior members like critter, but be careful of the other advice you receive here. Good Luck with your build and I cant wait to get my Expert on Monday. Damn those UPS guys for not shipping weekends... :D