Your Mainboard chipset's temperature ?

I have a DFI-nforce4 Ultra D and the temp. of It's chipset (the mainboard chipset not CPU ) when running at default speed (doesn't OC anything ) - is 50@Celius just when the system booting into Windows 5 minutes and continue to raise up to 55@ and the fan of chipset is running at 7300pm !!!(not playing game just working on office )

So on I think this temp is too high - the temp of my room is 30@ How about everyone ? I have changed another mainboard and the one that I am using is the repace of it (that old mainboard is not stable and also hot like this one - the system hangup when mainboard's temp raise up to 52@)

I have posted the article like this before and someone tell me to change ram - PSU ect ! i don't change but i have test all of them i belive that the problem is not cause by them (using Digital meter to check PSU - the Voltagen is stable and enough - the corsair ram is recommend to use with this mainboard).

And one thing - i dont (and will not)OC the system, so is this temp is too high ? how about everyone - plz tell me your chipset's temp with the stock fan of the mainboard plz ? How can i make my system cooler ? (i can't change my chipset fan - because in my country it is very difficulft to buy it :mad: )

Thanks all for your help me - and sorry about my bad English :D

with the stock-fan the temp on my nf4 was ~45°C idle @20°C room-temperature. so your 50°C could be normal.

increasing the airflow inside your case or an additional 60mm or 80mm fan towards the chipset might be helpful.

watercooling is not possible I think ^^ ?

I don't think the temperature is that alarming, if you don't OC that is. Also, check the temps at load, you don't want those over 65C I think.

To improve you could probably improve you airflow, move cables and such, if not, hang a fan over the chipset. If not that, then you could change the thermal compund to AS5 if you're somewhat handy, here is a tutorial on how to do that: Made by Angry_Games

But the best thing to do would be to replace the stock cooling with something better that dosen't need any modifications or such.

I thought mine was high at 41c. It is water cooled though but is over clocked alot and room tempreture is always very hot. I have no case fans at all other than low rpm 120mm radiator fan.

Mine got to 59C. You will be OK at anything under 65C. It will last many years at that temp.

I replaced it with a bigger heatsink now top temperature is 50C, but even 65C is OK.

I think 7300rpm is TOO fast, and loud. Turn it down to 3500rpm will make probably only 2C difference. Use the SmartFan software and bios fan options.

im idling at 43c but i replaced the stock cooler on my SLI-DR with an evercool VC-RE and some AS5. when i removed the stock fan i discovered that only half of the NB chip was covered with TIM. you could clearly see the outline of the chip on the cooler where there was no TIM. that irked me. but lesson learned. :-P

I replaced the TIM on mine, got a 7c drop in temps using AS Cermaique. Tho it idles around 44c now, loaded it rises to 54-55c :rolleyes:

I might as well swap the stock cooler with a vantec iceberg or one o them evercool jammies :cool: . I'm going to wait to do that as i'm odering a new case.

Never touched my chipset cooler and never replaced the TIM on the chipset either. It reaches 46C under full load and 45C normal. Rig is in the sig... 165's still stocked out... in about two weeks she should be puring at about 2.8ghz

I haven't modified anything on the stock chipset fan, but my IDLE/LOADs are 35-40c/45+ not sure really but i have my fan at full when it's at 35c, hehe. I think it would slightly help if you do what has been suggested from the users above about taking the TIM off the chipset heatsink and applying AS5. Either that or just go out and buy the EverClear VC-RE for replacement which should decrease your temperature by at least 10-15c which is a good thing. :)