First build, first post,need opionions

This is my first build (specs shouldbe in sig)

Everything was running well for a while and I began to notice my Chipset temp averaged 40-42degrees. My Cpu stayed relatively cool never more than approx 30deg if that much.

After watching the temp continue to rise on the chipset I ditched the OE heatsink and fan and installed a Coolermaster chipset heatsink. e92cdc7e75d5.jpg?_rh=30i0yr4f9t2s6nedlmw5x5ywa while I was at it I decided to cut out a blow hole to help get rid of some of the hot air and tried for the zillionth time to re-route my wires a little better, I now have the bulk of them behind the MB panel.

Question#1: Can these wires be routed any better?e9d7a920005a.jpg?_rh=7c3hgz01gcflsb1bnkc4084fl

Question#2: The blow hole,,,e5c2d2edbc07.jpg?_rh=a2vumuqdcp8moh8gk5tbetbe1 I kind of went low budget...does it look like it?

Also after I ditched the OE chipset heatsink and fan MB5 is now detcting the RPMs of another fan???? :confused: What the heck happened here?

i like ur blowhole :) when i get back from vaca i'm gonna add one myself. as far as mb5 i dunno...whatever is plugged into the chipset fan connector should be whats read. what did you use to dress the edge of the blowhole after u cut it? i need some of dat....

Go to your local auto parts store and find "Door edge protector"(molding) only $4.00 and very easy to work with. Make sure you use a little heat to get the adhesive to stick or you will be fighting with it to stay put while you wrap it around.

And the thing with MB5..nothing is plugged into the chipset fan slot.

Blow hole looks very good. The chipset HS is a decent passive alternative to the DFI hsf. If you stick around I am sure you will see the chipset HSF in the forum plenty. There is a strong use of the Evercool vce as a replacement and there is a strong custom do-it-yourself crowd here for the passive solutions.

Great job!