Freaking out! 7 MEMORY SLOTS!!

Hi,

I am having some wierd issues with this board but am starting to think that it could be the CPU itself.

I will randomly blue screen with different errors and sometimes no error at all. My system is constantly reporting that i am recovering from a "serious error" and so on.

Oh and the wierdest thing?

DRAM AT SLOTS 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

and my 2gb of ram only wants to run at 160.

any help would be nice

Yeah i have done that, multiple times. Mabye i will have to do one of those 24 hour resets.

Its just that this was the second board and i got a big lan this weekend and i just want it to work!

heh pulling cmos battery and clearing cmos now....mabye my gear just aint good enough for this board.

Yeah I just hate the fact that in my old board i could use 2 512 mb corsair 3700 xms and 2 512 corsair value select and did not have a single problem and ran 2.8 stable 24/7 i get this board because it is supposed to be better and i have nothing but problems. Guess I will have to spend more money and buy new ram.

I'm not trying to flame, I have no mean/harsh feelings, I just think this post by angry_games is relevant to what this thread is discussing -

This board (Lanparty NF4 and NF3 250Gb), was never designed for running VALUE memory.

It never entered the designer's head to test for VALUE memory compatibility and overclocking ability.

It never once occurred to him to try overclocking with VALUE memory.

And I will tell you why.

Because these boards were DESIGNED, from the initial idea, to the final production, to be overclocking boards that nerdy little boys had wet dreams about.

These boards, when the designer dreamt them up, had never had anything of the low grade like VALUE, even enter the ionosphere of the dream.

These NF4's were out at the end of January of this year.

It was not until Oskar added the "DRAM Response Time" option in the 6/23 BIOS that many VALUE memories finally were able to work at least at stock speeds.

That's almost 6 months...why so long?

Because these boards were never designed to run VALUE memory of a low grade that couldn't even cut it as 'regular' or 'decent', or even 'fairly well, but not really even our signature nor ultimate line...not even our normal line really'.

The designer used PERFORMANCE memory, because we all know, you use PERFORMANCE items to get maximum PERFORMANCE.

That is drawn from this :http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...009&postcount=8

Yeah I just hate the fact that in my old board i could use 2 512 mb corsair 3700 xms and 2 512 corsair value select and did not have a single problem and ran 2.8 stable 24/7 i get this board because it is supposed to be better and i have nothing but problems. Guess I will have to spend more money and buy new ram.

2.8 is pretty darn good, what made you decide to switch if the old one was working so well?

I switched because I somehow though mabye i could get further with a "overclocking board". That and the fact that it had more sata ports on it.

Hmm thats alright i will just get some more ram then and that should fix everything hopefully.