Sign in to follow this  
twigert

CM Stacker 830 vs Lian-Li V2000

Just like said above, what would you get? I'm trying to finish planning what I 'll be upgrading to later on(Pretty large list). I'll definitely be upgrading to liquid later on after I get the cpu, gpu, hd's, and ram. It doesn't really matter to me which performs better, since Im looking more for style. Heres a comparison chart i made:

Lian Li V2000 -will be getting the window panel, if chosen.

-many people reccommend/like them

-sleek/simple styling

-huge, lots of room for drives, liquid cooling parts, and for wires to be hidden.

CM 830 Stacker

-had CM products in the past

-looks awsome with CC lighting

I've also looked at other Lian-Li cases, any other reccommenations on their other cases?

Guest Ryn

I'd vote for the Lian-li as well. The build quality is top notch, I even sat at the top of the case and it didn't bent and I weigh around 180lbs. Also iirc, the Lian-li is longer than the CM Stacker making it easier to install pc peripherals. Here is what my Lian-li looks like after it was modded with a sidepanel window:

dsc030318wl.jpg

I agree with Ryn, I had a chance to put my hands on the 830 Stacker here on our local CompUSA, but never did on the LiaLi, only seen pictures and specs. The 830 is very good in my opinion but it is a bit bulky. The LianLi also have better component placements on the case. And I think it is lighter. I'd get the LianLI.

I just saw some more pics at newegg of the 830. Somehow I never looked at their pictures even though I look there a lot...lol. It doesn't seem like it has the amount of 3.5" bays that I want but could use one of those 5.25" to 3.5 converters if i go with it. The 4 fans on that have its own door seem like they can really cool something. The only problem I have with the v2000 is that Ima have to spend another 30-50 bux for the window panel. The window job I did for my generic case turned out horrible so I'm not going to customize my own window. Otherwise the lian li has a lot of features

I should add a poll for this huh? I think i will...

EDIT: couldn't add poll. can someone help me with this or should I just make a new thread?

just know that the finish can scratch kinda easily.

Thats why you put it under the desk silly. :)

minidsc005082ch.jpg

Lian Li hands down. I played with a Stacker for a friends rig and didn't much care for it, though it is pretty massive. In my case I prefer the Lian Li if nothing else for the sweet hard drive cages.

To be fair though even the V2000 feels pretty small now with all the crap I have in it.

Sign in to follow this