overclocking amd x2 4800

jlqrb

That's a great thread to lurk around. Sometimes you can find some great deals (just like yours).

supertux1 - you are a mad man in a good sort of way. Excellent clocks on that 4800, and I can tell that you're not afraid of voltage :)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wevsspot,

I just realized that you are running your X2 with no IHS with a TTBigTyphoon. Were you worried at all about smashing the little guy? Just curious, the 170 I got was naked and I had to silicone glue the IHS back on to support the TTBigTyphoon... or so I thought I had to.

That being said, I am running @ 2.6 right now same voltage. Wewt!

-G

wevsspot,

I just realized that you are running your X2 with no IHS with a TTBigTyphoon. Were you worried at all about smashing the little guy? Just curious, the 170 I got was naked and I had to silicone glue the IHS back on to support the TTBigTyphoon... or so I thought I had to.

That being said, I am running @ 2.6 right now same voltage. Wewt!

-G

Well my TT BT has been on three naked processors, AMD 3000 Venice, AMD 3700 San Diego and now my X2. I've never chipped or damaged a core. The secret is patience and making darn sure that your nut torque is equal on both sides of the H bracket. Just tightening each side two turns at a time and counting the number of exposed threads. So far no problems, knock on wood.

But yes, everytime I remove an IHS and put this big sucker on it I cross my fingers, just hoping that my luck doesn't run out. I improved the mounting method on my BT by getting new set of screws, lock washers and nuts. I actually installed my screws and then used lock washers and nuts to secure them through the m/b installation holes. Effectively making them more like studs than screws. Then I installed my BT, the H bracket, another set of lock washers and nuts and then tightened them down evenly. Worked like a charm.