XP64 + Unknown Devices

Hey Guys:

I'm new to the world of DFI and to these forums and I have to say that dfi-street is a big reason I went with DFi for my new system. That and the decision that I wanted to OC my next processor. Anyway enough of the preamble.

My RDX200 has been great thus far but I have noticed a couple of "Unknown Devices" in device manager. I am running Windows XP Pro x64 and the autoplay file on the driver CD would not work with my os so I had to install the drivers manually. Has anyone else been through this that can point me in the right direction? The uninstalled devices show up as "Unknown Device" in the "Other Devices" section so it's not like that narrows it down at all. So far I have not had any problems associated with this but I just want to make sure that everything is fully functional. Thanks.

All the drivers that came on disk with your computer are likely to be for windows32, while some may work on either xp32 or xp64 (realtek alc for example) others wont.

Youll just have to work out what features you have on your motherboard, that are not already installed try and find drivers for them on the net. When you try to install driver to the device it will tell you if the driver is for that device or not.

Youll just have to work out what features you have on your motherboard, that are not already installed try and find drivers for them on the net. When you try to install driver to the device it will tell you if the driver is for that device or not.

That's what I plan to do but I was hoping that there was someone here on the forums who'd already gone through this and would be able to hold my hand :)

I'll update this thread and keep you guys posted as I make my way through this process just in case anyone else needs this info.

Probably the ATI WDM drivers for your XT1900. (Rage Theater)

Can't speak for the 6.4s but the 6.3s were buggas hell.

Most of us are using the 6.2s in x64.

They must be installed separately in x64.

Thanks for the input guys!

The "Unknown Device" in "Other Devices" went away when I installed the WDM drivers. I didn't realize I needed these since my card is not an AIW but it seemed to work fine. There is still one thing left uninstalled and that is the "SI Pseudo Device Processor Device." Do I need this for anything if I am not using SCSI Devices?

Thanks for the input guys!

The "Unknown Device" in "Other Devices" went away when I installed the WDM drivers. I didn't realize I needed these since my card is not an AIW but it seemed to work fine. There is still one thing left uninstalled and that is the "SI Pseudo Device Processor Device." Do I need this for anything if I am not using SCSI Devices?

Yeah, WDMs are for VIVO cards, too.