Dr. Jekyll and M. Hyde

Guest maverick_merged

Guest maverick

New rig: DFI expert, Opty 170, 2g crucial balistix, bfg 7900gt, ocz powerstream 520w

Dr. Jekyll

- The board is fast, the chip is fast, the vc is fast. Everything is fast

- goes to 2.6 on air without breaking a sweat. i only tried to push the cpu first for a little bit (like the guide says).

- Everything is rock stable at aprox 30c temp.

M. Hyde ...

- Can't cool boot without turning powersupply off and on again. Spins off then 2 sec later shuts down. if i do that it boots like a charm. got a cheap power bar ... i know some got the same thing on the forum.

- Can't make it work with logitech G15, its waiting for some drivers for the keyboard but i never got any from logitech .. checking on the site there is only the software for the macro (which i installed) but that did not do it.

Those our the last pieces of the puzzle for me to switch everything back to my watercooled kit (aqua computer). But right now i don't feel as confident to do so :)

Anybody got any pointers i would love to hear them.

Thanks!!

Can't make it work with logitech G15, its waiting for some drivers for the keyboard but i never got any from logitech .. checking on the site there is only the software for the macro (which i installed) but that did not do it.

Was the G15 new? If so, it should have come with a CD with the software on it. You might try asking the retailer where you bought it or sending an email to Logitech support.

Is this what you downloaded?

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/download...contentid=10824

If so that is also what is on the CD (older version). Do you have USB keyboard support enabled in your BIOS? Also follow the directions that came with your KB, i.e. (install software first, then insert USB connector when prompted by software)

Guest maverick

tried with the cd that came with the keyboard and also tried with the download. Both don't work. Windows keeps asking me for drivers ...

The software never askes me to plug the keyboard in .. tried with and without in it.

Yes both options (usb mouse and usb keyboard) are enable in bios.

New rig: DFI expert, Opty 170, 2g crucial balistix, bfg 7900gt, ocz powerstream 520w

Dr. Jekyll

- The board is fast, the chip is fast, the vc is fast. Everything is fast

- goes to 2.6 on air without breaking a sweat. i only tried to push the cpu first for a little bit (like the guide says).

- Everything is rock stable at aprox 30c temp.

M. Hyde ...

- Can't cool boot without turning powersupply off and on again. Spins off then 2 sec later shuts down. if i do that it boots like a charm. got a cheap power bar ... i know some got the same thing on the forum.

- Can't make it work with logitech G15, its waiting for some drivers for the keyboard but i never got any from logitech .. checking on the site there is only the software for the macro (which i installed) but that did not do it.

Those our the last pieces of the puzzle for me to switch everything back to my watercooled kit (aqua computer). But right now i don't feel as confident to do so :)

Anybody got any pointers i would love to hear them.

Thanks!!

run at defaut setting- check temp etc under load - stress.

7900 have known vide card problem http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=235

----------

The end of overclock?

If you happened to have purchased one of the first 7900 GTX video cards that came overclocked out of the box, or if you have simply seen the many threads in different forums such as this one in our forum, you might have heard about some random freezing and lockup issues.

By our own testing, and with the help of many different users who contributed additional information, the freeze up issue was confirmed by me and many others. Basically, a game or benchmark would “freeze” for a time between 10 and 60 seconds, then “unfreeze” and return to normal playing conditions. It was an odd issue that I hadn’t really seen before and we spent time with new drivers, new power supplies and new motherboards to try and fix it.

------------

2 replace ide nvide driver (in hardware with) microsoft ide driver....

(causes rando,m lockup when acess high ide hdd activity.... ie ripping disk to ide hdd (would lockup) but not on sata).

3. dont use marvel lan (if you do) please use latest driver from marvel wweb site

8.49.2.3 marvel driver - tested aand verfiyed will not crash system.

----

6.xx ok ---- 7.xx - and some 8.xx lan marvel gigabyte cause random lockups when access lan only. (ie asus a8v deluxe hi-fi)

-----

4. dont instal nvidia firewall + extra software= many problems- you an uninstall it - ok.

5. make sure your psu can diliver 28 amps min on one 12v line (not 2x 12v lines at 16amps etc...

6. cold boot problem with psu-- i have this - fix is a .22 uf cap soldered on my power button on my case -- fix 99% startup (after 5-6 seconds of off)

-

onces you done all that (and monitor temps when running games then only then can you clock..

some time it take up to 3 months to fix-make a system stable- before you can overclock-optimizes....

then you know if a problem occures wheith its a overclock problem or other problem//

system should work like a charm with little or no problems at default settings..

been clocking syence 8088-0806 days.. 10000 dollar systems..

tried with the cd that came with the keyboard and also tried with the download. Both don't work. Windows keeps asking me for drivers ...

The software never askes me to plug the keyboard in .. tried with and without in it.

Yes both options (usb mouse and usb keyboard) are enable in bios.

I assume you are using XP? Trying to remember if I had to do anything else, but I don't think so.

Guest maverick

^^ Thats the main reason why i could'nt find "Drivers" for this keyboard...

Have no clue what to do next .... Could the latest bios (running 2005-12-07) help me?

I also got a problem getting the G5 to work but as soon as i installed the software for it everything was fine.

I got the system back to stock settings (but usb keyboard/mouse enable). Still no luck.

The keyboard wont even light up ... no lcd .. no caps lock ... no blue lights.

Also getting a new powerbar to check if that resolves the cold boot issue i also have. Next step is to RMA the psu.

Besides those two issues the system is as solid as i hoped it would be ... played 3 hours of 40 man raiding WoW last night with every eye candy possible in the game at 1900x1200.

^^ Thats the main reason why i could'nt find "Drivers" for this keyboard...

Have no clue what to do next .... Could the latest bios (running 2005-12-07) help me?

I also got a problem getting the G5 to work but as soon as i installed the software for it everything was fine.

I got the system back to stock settings (but usb keyboard/mouse enable). Still no luck.

The keyboard wont even light up ... no lcd .. no caps lock ... no blue lights.

Also getting a new powerbar to check if that resolves the cold boot issue i also have. Next step is to RMA the psu.

Besides those two issues the system is as solid as i hoped it would be ... played 3 hours of 40 man raiding WoW last night with every eye candy possible in the game at 1900x1200.

That is the bios i am using, couldn't hurt to try.