Sign in to follow this  
ronin688

XP-90 On Lanparty Ultra-D?

Hi all, I searched first to try and find an answer, but didn't manage to dig one out so here I am.

I'm wondering if it's possible to mount the XP-90 on the Lanparty Ultra-D without removing the mobo from the case? I'm currently building my setup, but budget is going to mean I'll have to hold off on the HSF upgrade for a couple months. I know this HSF needs a proper style backplate, and I'm just wondering if the Ultra-D is compatible?

I'm also wondering if changing to the XP-90 will void my warranty on my 3800+ X2 or do I have to use the stock HSF and thermal pad to stay covered?

Thanks guys.

Hye,

as I know, once u change the stock amd hsf, the waranty is voided.but i dont think that it was that too tricky to mount it on these mobo, trust me... but i would like to suggest u to find out through this forums as there too many experties here can help u..

have fun!!!

What warranty is voided?

as along as you can switch out the mounting for the hsf without losing the mounting board on the back of the motherboard. then yes you can swap it out. Personally i went through and cut 2 large holes on my mobo tray 1 for cpu mounting access and 1 for chipset mounting access. Now all i have to do is take off my case sides and i can swap stuff out all day. Just a thought.

What warranty is voided?

as along as you can switch out the mounting for the hsf without losing the mounting board on the back of the motherboard. then yes you can swap it out. Personally i went through and cut 2 large holes on my mobo tray 1 for cpu mounting access and 1 for chipset mounting access. Now all i have to do is take off my case sides and i can swap stuff out all day. Just a thought.

Did the same thing on my case for chipset fan swaping and testing. ^^ Best idea EVER.

no you dont have to remove the board

i changed to a xp90c also with everything in the case - just replace the mounting around the CPU with the one from the xp90

its a little tigth with the memory installed etc.

but it can be done --

the stock back mounting is good - you dont have to replace that --

i have the xp90c which is a bit heavier than the reg. xp90 and works very good

Thanks for all the replies.

The idea of making it accessible from both sides is really tempting!. It's also great to know that I can get the XP-90 in there without a total teardown. It's going to have to stay stock for now.

I actually JUST now got the call that my vid card is in (which is the last piece I'm waiting for), so I'm off to the store to pick it up, then it's time to BUILD!!! woohoo! Well I guess I need to go print out about 10 DFI-street threads, guides, and tutorials.

I've had to wait 17 days for my GPU to come in, and I'm glad now that I did. If everything had been in, I would have just tried to slap everything together and hope it worked. Now that I found this forum, I know better, and I've done a good 20 hours of reading to get me prepared.

Thanks again guys, off to the store!