chipset is hotter in P180

i used to have an old Kingwin KT-424 case, but upgraded to a P180 because of noise pollution. the P180 is AMAZING! the fan in my PSU is still noticable, but nowhere near as loud as before. i have heard things like this about the case for a while, but nobody ever told me about the case being hotter than any other standard ATX case. now, my chipset temp in my kingwin was around 37c idle and 45 load. in the P180 though, the chipset idles at 43c and loads around 51-52c. ive tried to zip strip a fan to blow air onto the cooler, but that didnt work. anyone know of a way to cool it down?

I've noticed this too. I've gone to the P180 from a Super Lanboy and my chipset temps are ~2-4C higher in the P180. What's helped me a little was putting a decent intake fan in the top position in the front of the case. I've replaced the rear Tri-cool exhaust fan and put that in front as my intake fan. Only cooled the chipset about 1-2C but it's better than nothing.

Also some people have suggested moving the SLI jumpers so that the two GPU PCI-E slots are at 8x/8x instead of 16x/2x and then moving your video card to the bottom slot. I would have done this myself but I my two PCI slots are occupied and my video wouldn't be able to fit in the bottom PCI-E slot.

Tape off the opening for the video card duct on the back if you aren't using it. That way, air won't get sucked in that spot and drawn right back out--it forces air from front to back. It was good for several degrees cooler for me

I've noticed this too. I've gone to the P180 from a Super Lanboy and my chipset temps are ~2-4C higher in the P180. What's helped me a little was putting a decent intake fan in the top position in the front of the case. I've replaced the rear Tri-cool exhaust fan and put that in front as my intake fan. Only cooled the chipset about 1-2C but it's better than nothing.

Also some people have suggested moving the SLI jumpers so that the two GPU PCI-E slots are at 8x/8x instead of 16x/2x and then moving your video card to the bottom slot. I would have done this myself but I my two PCI slots are occupied and my video wouldn't be able to fit in the bottom PCI-E slot.

i bought 2 Panaflo fans: one on the SI-120 and one for the exahust. currently, the tri-cool fans are on my lower PSU slot, the front HDD rack, and the top of the case. i cannot move the vid card to the bottom slot because i have a wireless PCI card and a second sound card (they are both dedicated, one to TeamSpeak and one to everything else). the vid card has a VF700-CU cooler on it, which would hit the wireless card.

Tape off the opening for the video card duct on the back if you aren't using it. That way, air won't get sucked in that spot and drawn right back out--it forces air from front to back. It was good for several degrees cooler for me

Ill try that.. will re-post in a little.

----

update

----

i taped off the duct but still no change to the chipset, but the graphics card is 1C cooler! i think it might be because the reverse design of this case causes all of your power cables to run right over the chipset on DFI mobo's. it might cause a little problem, but i dont think that much considering that they are all zip-stripped to not use up as much space.