Making hosting aand or website?

Smoken Joe

What is the best low cost way to make and host a website. Plenty of computers to use for a server but no cheap way to get a static IP.

I just want to host an "offical" site for our motorcycle team. Not sure If I shoudld just get it hosted or what it should be farly low bandwidth. Thoughts?

i agree with suppa. godaddy is the way to go imo. My dad hosts his website there, and he couldnt be happier with it. He uses their design tools and storage, but for domain hosting they seem to be the cheapest.

Guest oRiOn

Hey Smokin, I dont pay for a static ip and I run a linux server to host a couple webpages. Use DDNS, DYDNS.org. Use apache to host the site and then setup the DNS service through your router and open the ports, usually port 80 (default website) is blocked so I used 81.

-Will

Guest oRiOn

Hey Smokin, I dont pay for a static ip and I run a linux server to host a couple webpages. Use DDNS, DYDNS.org. Use apache to host the site and then setup the DNS service through your router and open the ports, usually port 80 (default website) is blocked so I used 81.

-Will

-aim me at demitassedesign or msn [email protected] and I can help you out

-Will

-aim me at demitassedesign or msn [email protected] and I can help you out

Will do got to work on the bike then go to work.

What is the best low cost way to make and host a website. Plenty of computers to use for a server but no cheap way to get a static IP.

I just want to host an "offical" site for our motorcycle team. Not sure If I shoudld just get it hosted or what it should be farly low bandwidth. Thoughts?

use the host we use here Joe (and I'll get a credit for it so you will be helping DFI-Street)

For $7.95 a month I think you can have a shared server

www.dreamhost.com

use my referral: AGE

if you want to know more, just check out Dreamhost, or pm me