Got the 7900 gtx 512mb evga yesterday!!

edjahman

Well, I got my card listed in the title yesterday and it's really nice. It does suck that evga doesn't offer any bundle at all. I've only played WoW and FEAR so far and they are quite awesome. I did notice a little choppiness in FEAR with all of the settings turned up on high and playing at 1600 x 1200 res. Nevertheless it's still killer. I did have a question about 3d mark 06. Even with this powerful setup some of the 3d mark stuff still runs kinda slow as far as framerates go. Is 3dmark just that stressful or should I go SLI? I really want to but it seems like a big overkill. It would be nice to have a second one of these cards. I'm also still wondering what is up with the shortage of 7800 and 7900 cards???? This was the ONLY 7900 in stock at Newegg.

Thanks for your opinions in the previous posts guys!!

I know ATI is a little better but Nvidia is still really nice.

--EJM

Well, I got my card listed in the title yesterday and it's really nice. It does suck that evga doesn't offer any bundle at all. I've only played WoW and FEAR so far and they are quite awesome. I did notice a little choppiness in FEAR with all of the settings turned up on high and playing at 1600 x 1200 res. Nevertheless it's still killer. I did have a question about 3d mark 06. Even with this powerful setup some of the 3d mark stuff still runs kinda slow as far as framerates go. Is 3dmark just that stressful or should I go SLI? I really want to but it seems like a big overkill. It would be nice to have a second one of these cards. I'm also still wondering what is up with the shortage of 7800 and 7900 cards???? This was the ONLY 7900 in stock at Newegg.

Thanks for your opinions in the previous posts guys!!

I know ATI is a little better but Nvidia is still really nice.

--EJM

Can you tell me your fps? with www.fraps.com use that to measure fps ,i get around 35-50 fps on a x1800xtpe with 1600x1200 x16 af x4 aa sometimes it drops down to 25 rare ocassion.

i patched fear to 1.03

and i can basically max the game on 1280x960 , everything maxed except softshadows/volumetric lights and light details on low.......... i dont notice any slow performance or lag, so i havent checked fps tho .

Using FRAPS , the benchmark said I was averaging in the 40's at 1600 x 1200 with everything on maximum. My 3d mark 06 score was 6647. Woo Hoo. I'm having a hard time justifing SLI 7900 GTX's. It rocks. I love FEAR on max.

--EJM