Evercool VC-RE NF4/CFX3200/RDX200 chipset replacement fan @ SVC.com!!!

How quiet is the VC-RE exactly? I like to have my computer super silent and noticed a new thread about the HR05 SLI. I already have the VC-RE on order but was wondering if it would be better for me to sell it and go with the HR05 SLI.

Intresting,,,

I was just about to order my VC-RE, I was under the impression nothing beats the evercool cooler in terms of quitness + temps. I'm only looking to replace the original cooler due to the the whinning noise.

Will look into the HR05 SLI now as I have not herd anything about it.

Regards,

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 9 month old Evercool EC-VE-RC is now making noises. Sounds like it's about to fail. It is clean, and I made sure of it, but it still makes noise like it's loose or unbalanced.

Not sure if I should replace it with another Evercool EC-VE-RC or go with the Vantec Iceberg CEBERQ CCB-A1C. The only thing about that is that it is only a 2-wire fan, so no RPM sensor. I can replace it with the stock DFI I still have, but I heard that will fail after a couple months.

This isn't just a simple replacement - I will have to remove the motherboard from my case, which invovles removing almost EVERYTHING just to replace this garsh darn HSF. I replaced the DFI HSF when I first bought the mobo because of good info here. Unfortunately, my Evercool failed me.

Anyone have such a failure? If not, how long have you had it? If it's just me, then I will buy the Evercool again - maybe I just got a bad one.

• 4 weeks later...

the vc-re should fit fine....

On a side note...

when you install the cooler with the board out...flip it over and look at the pins...I have had a few instances where the pins werent spread at the bottom as they should be...

I use the tip of an exacto knike to ever so slightly spread the pin end apart to make sure it has grabbed the board...

this seems to be more common on a reseat than anything...

I have used countless vc-re coolers on DFI boards and video cards and havent had a failed on yet....most failures can be attributed to human error...

when seating the cooler hold the copper part of the sink...as touching the fan while trying to apply pressure to the sink may kink the fan shaft causing a imbalance leading to fan failure...;)

• 1 month later...
Can someone re upload the second video.

I'm a newbie really wanting to look at it before I do it.

which second video?

have you checked the Tutorials section? All the videos are uploaded to my webserver with fast downloads ;)

• 3 weeks later...

this chipset fan is loud when running above 3000RPM, but i've had it off this past week and it's been fine even under dual prime with temperatures at 45C

even when i maxed out the VC-RE fanspeed the temp only dropped about 1C

Is there something wrong with the mobo probes?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok a quick question what is the average lifespan of the fan in this cooler supposed to be? The fan on mine is starting to make a rumbling sound when I first turn on my computer :( and I have only had my VC-RE for about 6 months.

I just ended up replacing one of my original VC-RE fans. The fan just suddenly stopped working last night.

This particular VC-RE has been running at full RPM for about 1 1/2 years before it crapped out.