Evercool VC-RE NF4/CFX3200/RDX200 chipset replacement fan @ SVC.com!!!

Guest Halvis

Just ordered two of em and a Sunbeam Rheobus fan speed controller from SVC by clicking on Happys link. :cool:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Halvis
i prefer Ceramique on bare chips, and AS5 on chips with heatspreaders

thas just me tho...they are about the same in performance...

Seems I read somewhere that AS5 needed to be re-applied every year or so, and Ceramique worked better for something you don't wanna mess with again?

Any truth to that?

:D I was trying to remember the last time I had an HSF on a chip for a whole year without taking it off.

The cooler doesn't stay on the CPU long enough for me to answer that :)

I think most of us either change something or do a remount every six months or so and I know I wind up taking my sons' and my rigs apart at least once a year for a general cleaning.

I'm of the same mindset as Happy - Nekid chips get Ceramique and IHS gets AS5.

To be honest I don't see any performance difference at all between the two of them.

The real key is the correct application of the TOM and "correct" mounting of the Heatsink.

Don't forget - A free container of ceramique with a $25 order at SVC through the end of the month. Enter coupon code FREECERAM and it will ship automatically with your order.

Link is below my sig.

Guest Halvis

Thanks for the quick response Sx98! I'll use the free ceramique I got from SVC then. (EDIT, ahem... I dont take stuff apart much, takes me weeks to choose componants, buy it piecemeal, and assemble it... cant EVER imagine taking off a chipset cooler on a mobo, unless something fails)

HG! Just saw the video! GOOD GAWD those needle nose were awful big for that application! Made me wince just watching that! LOVE the bass playing in the XXXflick music! Can you tell me who that was? OK, off to CVS or whoevers open for some 91% ispropyl alcohol.

Guest Halvis
now

this is spoken by someone who knows what they are talking about

or at least guessed correctly

which makes most anyone else who just comes in here talking like they own the company when they actually don't know much of anything about whether or not it voids the warranty...well...it makes them look rather foolish...

especially with the DFI USA Support Manager tells you that no, it does not void your warranty unless you damage the board or a board component in the process.

And...I think I would know this...since I guess I am that guy (the support mgr)

and

since I have put up tutorials explaining exactly how to do this so you WONT void your warranty...

now

don't ya feel a little foolish for spreading such nonsense as fact when it is just...nonsense?

LOLOL! & heh. Thanks for the giggle!

Heck dude, I'll pat you on the back! (& pat Happy as well) Just got mine on tonight, no lapping, just clean with alcohol, add ceramique & go... Im seeing 5-7C lower temps here, but the side panels are still off, tho I doubt that effects it one way or the other much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just bought 4X.XX dollars worth of fans by clicking on svc link rather than my usual egg .... hope you guys get a decent percentage

okay service from SVC ... will consider in future since svc is closer to me than egg ...

( I can drive to SVC in 45 mins lol , but lazy me still ship it since save gas)