7900 Gt Co Problems

TWEEKEE

Guest YuKoN

I'll run '01 tonight after work and let you know......

ok ran it and still no problems. 27,699.

which bios version is your card? mines 5.71.22.14.04

not sure if that'll help you-

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did'nt have a chance to look last night but I will check tonight and see what bios it has.. I have been looking for a bios update for them but have'nt seen any. think that voltmod might help?

I called EVGA and was told by them to lower the clock rates down to stock untill they have fix for the problem LOL... they are working on a new BIOS im told. that with any luck will fix them.

Guest YuKoN

bios version is on a sticker on the back of the card, if you don't use rivatuner or anything else to tell you.

evga did have problems with certain batches of these cards. i must've gotten lucky. i just got my VF900 today- so i installed it, did a 1.45 voltmod, and upped the clocks to 575/1680. still no problems with '01, but results are very close to the same as stock. temps are nice tho- idle at 44C but not sure what max is yet. still testing!

one way or the other you'll figure this out, or rma the card. problem with rma is just like the step-up i just did- 2-4 week waiting list as these cards will be on backorder for awhile.

Last night EVGA e-mailed me a new bios just to try and get by till the fix, so I flashed both cards and now SLI dont work at all LOL. going to RMA today. what luck... I was told that they had some in stock for replacements and it would only take a few days, but that might just be a bunch of crap who know's.

Thank's for all the help, I will post an update once I get the new cards in and installed.

Guest YuKoN

if you'd like i can email you my bios to try- seems to be working great for me. pm me if you want to try.

• 2 weeks later...
bios version is on a sticker on the back of the card, if you don't use rivatuner or anything else to tell you.

evga did have problems with certain batches of these cards. i must've gotten lucky. i just got my VF900 today- so i installed it, did a 1.45 voltmod, and upped the clocks to 575/1680. still no problems with '01, but results are very close to the same as stock. temps are nice tho- idle at 44C but not sure what max is yet. still testing!

one way or the other you'll figure this out, or rma the card. problem with rma is just like the step-up i just did- 2-4 week waiting list as these cards will be on backorder for awhile.

There is no 7900GT support rivatuner, so i found out the other day, its still in dev. As far as i know.

I just had to RMA my 7900 gt for similar issues. I am hoping that I get a higher serial number in return. I know that the EVGA's with serial numbers in the 1000's have issues. My card's last four was a 1530.

KM

Guest YuKoN

@ battle.

sorry, was just a bad example. I don't use rivatuner so I didn't know.

look here's bios version:

shot4of.jpg

and here's my clocks with NVTweak:

shot28ms.jpg

:drool:

I too are having problems with the 7900GT from EVGA mine are CO 500/1500. One of them will get through 3dmark01 at 500/690 and the other one ....drumroll please 350/400 lol I'm beginning to regret ever getting EVGAs. I have tried everything by the way and every driver and bios. If you want to try and see if your 7900GTs are stable here are some tests that crash mine all the time:

3dmark01: Just jump right too the points sprite test

Quake3 demo: Usually top half of the screen artifacts bad as soon as you start game

CounterStrike Source: Usaully when you first double click icon the screen has diagonal lines and sometimes when a map is loading the screen starts blinking

Everest Home Edition: Just click display and then OpenGL and enjoy the pretty light blue screen and/or blue diagonal lines

Hope this helps people pinpoint their issues. Seriuosly I'm about to start a petition or something of all the people that have EVGA cards that are garbage. They need some good QA there. How hard is it to hire some kid thats like 16-18 and say here is a bunch of video cards play some video games all day and tell me if it crashes.

911']How hard is it to hire some kid thats like 16-18 and say here is a bunch of video cards play some video games all day and tell me if it crashes.

Where can I sign up?