Which Antivirus do u use?

dejv

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one likes Avast! AV? I'm a fan of it. Free for home use after registration. Updates are consistant. And it also has Real time scanning of Computer/Web/IM/P2P and Email. It does a good job of getting rid of those tough trojans and other malware. It also does an okay job of getting rid of Spyware. Although, I use Adaware for that type of stuff.

I've used AVG and NOD32 and I liked this more than both of them in terms of functionallity and virii detection and removal.

Anti virus just make my system get slower. But when I get infected with viruses I use XP's system recovery/restore. If system restore still can;t get rid the viruses, just re-install OS. Done! :D

Heh. How often do you System Restore/reinstall? At least once a week? :shake:

I use AVG free. Up until about 2 months ago I used Norton/symantec for almost 10 years

Hehe, I know how you felt. I was stuck in the "abyss" for quite some time as well (about 6 years), but now we've escaped the evil clutch. :D

I use.... 2 operating systems. I use 2kpro simply for security reasons... I use Mccaffee on 2kpro. On xp64pro I use Avast!. I also use a whole host of anti-spyware programs in both OSs. If I get any sign of having a virus I scan in safe-mode on BOTH operating systems.

• 3 weeks later...

i use nod32....sorry to go a little off topic...but anyone have or heard of issues with nod32+msn messenger? when i have nod32 installed and running my messenger crashes...latest versions of both.

ta

I havent used an AV in about 2 years. I did however download the trial of nod and may end up buying it. I always hated obtrusive programs that suck up resources and I could never find a good small one that sat there and did what it was supposed to do. But i like nod, small footprint, easy interface, and not very expensive.

AVG free on my DFI - low resource use and does the job.

Norton on my ABIT - higher resource use and occasional "weirdness"

Macafee on my XPS laptop - :Groan: perpetual useless downloads every other day, resource heavy and always requiring re-registration and confirmation.

(Wouldn't buy it again and only reason i keep it on there is that the Dell :double groan: laptop came with it!

Ad-aware

Spybot

Hijackthis