Updated my bios, now won't turn on

Hi everyone. My first post here, and a sad one it is. :(

Last night I flashed my motherboard to the latest bios (march 2006) and now the computer will not boot up at all. (Nothing is displayed on screen at all.) Everything worked fine before the bios flahs. The left 3 diagnostic leds are lit and the 4 is blinking. All of the fans in the case come on and stay at full speed. I have tried using jumpers to do a safe boot and to clear cmos to no avail. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Everything was working fine before... This is why its strongly recommneded NOT to flash bios if there is no problem..

Try the mems in top two slots like CPDMF said..

I think the best option now is to do a long cmos clear ExRoadie's way..

how did you flash it?

worst case you will have to do a hot-swap or maybe get a new bios chip..

since you flshed with an official bios i think you will be able to get the chip programmed by DFI.. (if it is a bios problem)..

I had the same "problem" when I flashed the new beta bios....

1-Clear the CMOS....

the computer should boot

2-enter the BIOS and load optimized defaults

save it and exit the BIOS

then enter the BIOS again and configure it to your liking but do NOT use the CMOS reload function as it contains traces of the OLD bios....you have to enter every value again manually and then save the new setup.

That happened to me too yesterday, with the 032906 beta bios.

I thought that I was totally toasted. But one trick should be able to fix that: press "Insert" key and hold it, then power up the PC, it will force the BIOS to boot up at safe setting , then you can go back to bios to reconfigure your previous setting.

I noticed after flash the bios, all my bios reload was cleaned, the description are still there, but all the setting were cleaned. That may be the reason when it failed to boot after flash.

Just press and hold INSERT key, then power up the pc.

Thanks tsospin, holding insert when starting let me back into the bios! I was able to boot. Now should I leave this bios or flash back to the one I had before this one?

Side question: Whenever I boot, it goes through the post screen, then the black screen that says windows xp and has the dashed blue loading bar, then it switches to a garbled screen that makes you think the comp has locked up, but then always boots into windows. Bum loading screen in there somewhere or is there something I should fix?

Once I reconfigured my CMOS Reload, I just keep unsing this version, until I found some other problems, so fat it is doing good. It will be up to you I guess, this is a BETA version, that means, it is on our own risk.

The scrambled screen is most likely from the VGA card memory buffer, I guess, it will clear by itself anyway. I saw those before, especially after a system crash.