"Best" Bios?

Hi, just wondering what the safest/best/most stable BIOS to use is (for an NF4 Expert)?

Having trouble getting my opteron stable past about 2.4 at the moment, although i'm still getting used to and reading up on DFI/AMD clocking stuff. Had a P4 for the last 3 years :/

Also, side question.. which memory chips does Gskill ZX (2gb PC3200) use? I see TCCD and UTT and BH5 being thrown about, but i have no idea which mine uses - have tried searching for an answer, but haven't found anything on the ZX ram, only on HS, etc

Cheers

Edit: dunno why this was moved here.. thought this forum was for modified BIOS, but nm :/

Safest bios? Well that would be the offical DFI bios from their website. If anything goes wrong with the motherboard and you are using the official bios, then you are covered. However if you use a beta or mod bios then your warrenty is voided.

Maybe someone with an Expert can recommend a bios they find "good", however the problem is that different computer configurations will find that some bios's work better with their computers than with others. The onyl thing that you can really do is flash to each bios, and check each one to see how they work for you.

WARNING it is generally recommended to limit the number of times you flash a bios. If anything goes wrong during the flash, then your motherboard may compeltely stop working. And obviously the more you flash the more likely something will go wrong, and if you are using a non official bios then your warrenty is void. But if your computer is stable then there should be no problems.

Oki doke, main reason i'm asking is because the BIOS version on the DFI site is a good few months old, and since i only bought the board less than a month ago, i figure its the same version. What about using beta versions released by DFI, does that void my waranty?

But basically, would like someone, with a DFI expert, an opteron and 2gig of Gskill ZX to recommend a BIOS that works well for them :)

also, note: i'm not a complete idiot when it comes to overclocking/hardware, just haven't overclocked a A64 system before, and am finding all of the new settings a bit confusing - i'm sure everyone has been through this at some point ;)

Getting the system stable, even at stock, was a problem - the RAM didn't like the default settings, and needed some tweaking before it would pass memtest :/

Lasty, any answer to my question regarding the chips on Gskill ZX?

Safest bios? Well that would be the offical DFI bios from their website. If anything goes wrong with the motherboard and you are using the official bios, then you are covered. However if you use a beta or mod bios then your warrenty is voided.

Maybe someone with an Expert can recommend a bios they find "good", however the problem is that different computer configurations will find that some bios's work better with their computers than with others. The onyl thing that you can really do is flash to each bios, and check each one to see how they work for you.

WARNING it is generally recommended to limit the number of times you flash a bios. If anything goes wrong during the flash, then your motherboard may compeltely stop working. And obviously the more you flash the more likely something will go wrong, and if you are using a non official bios then your warrenty is void. But if your computer is stable then there should be no problems.

Ever heard of a Bios Savior lol!?

Viper

Getting the system stable, even at stock, was a problem - the RAM didn't like the default settings, and needed some tweaking before it would pass memtest :/

I have switched to 2GB of G.Skill Memory and I also had the problem to get it stable. It was more difficult than with my old Corsair 1GB Kit with TCCD's chips. From the official bios' the one from 6/23/05 worked best, but the latest modding bios from OCZTony was much better. But I think this was not for the Expert Version of the Motherboard.