Sign in to follow this  
Shadowdogg

PWM IC + SmartGuardian

I don't have a RPM reading for PWM IC whatever that is. Should i have one? Its currently at 39 oC but not too sure even what it is.

I don't have a RPM reading for PWM IC whatever that is. Should i have one? Its currently at 39 oC but not too sure even what it is.

Hi,

there is no fan for PWMIC :shake:

Don´t worry, your temps are fine!

Gipse

The PWM IC temperature is that of the power regulation circuitry; it's located under those grey sinks on your board to the right of the CPU socket. There's no fan, and therefore no RPM reading.

Generally, you'll be fine if temperatures don't break 80-90, as the tolerances for the components are quite high. If they are getting this hot, a fan blowing over the area works well :)

80-90? lol that'll make me sleep better at night.

i have been tryin to find out is the max safe temp of the PWM I read orignially that 50c is very normal.... but with these numbers im assuming/hoping that 60ish is ok? Mine has been runnin red(low 50's stock, high 50's OCd, both while running prime) since i first booted the machine. So is this not really an issue say up to 65/70? or is it not dangerous, but not good?