LP Pro875 B does not overclock ram well?

Freedr

I just got these sweet G.Skill 3-4-4-8 PC4000 2Gb (1x1GB) F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ that is said overclock to amazing speeds of 285+, but mine can only be stable at 250 at 3-4-4-8. What I want to get is atleast 266 to get 1:1 with my CPU, but it just wont go. Right now i'm running the ddr320 divider, so its at 2.5-3-3-5 @ 442 mhz--which I'm not too happy about.

I was wondering if any of you also have problems overclocking the ram on the LanParty Pro875 boards?

Ive never been able to push the 875B past 250 really - the Vdroop for the processor is ungodly - even on the northwoods. Since its not a popular board, there are no voltage mods to fix it.

Prescots I couldnt get much over 235 before the vdroop killed me.

Just a few things that may be able to get you a bit further: Obviously increase the ram voltage. Also try increasing the AGP voltage - this increases the voltage to the northbridge chipset and is often required as you get highier.

Again, the Vdroop on this board really kills you at highier voltages. My Vcore idles at 1.56 (set to 1.58) at idle, and load drops to about 1.50 which desimates any chance for overclocking.

When you were researching the overclockability of the RAM, did you happen to take note of the system configurations they were being used on?

Yeah, I know, the reviews from users and from websites are mainly based on AMD 939 boards, but I thought for that kind of price I'll risk it. I guess I might keep these for a later upgrade when migrating to AMD64.

Thanks for your replies--very helpful.

Snipper: It seems that the best I can run my rams are at DDR500 also--which stinks.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a pair of Hynix-based OCZ 2x512's that will do 291 1:1 with a 2.4C on the 875B...

but

that is the best kit I've ever tried on the Intel boards

most memory just isn't going to overclock like it will on the NF3/NF4 boards because of the bios options

however

the 875P-T board has some excellent bios options for memory...but still nothing like the NF2-NF4 we have come to know and love

HOWEVER

wait until you see Oskar's 975X Intel offering for Conroe cpu's...

I want to know how you could get such a high external clock speed (291...). I can't clear 245/250 (DDR500) even with PC4000 (DDR500) memory. At that point my voltage drops too much on the Vcore and the system becomes unstable. Even more Vcore i add it still drops too low. This is with a processor that ive gotten much highier on another board (P4C800-E dlx). The way i fixed it was with a Vdroop mod on the asus board. But DFI fans havent made one for this board yet.

Any advice for both of us?

• 1 month later...
Guest infotree

I've got a LP PRO875B rev. b with a 30 cap Gallatin core 2.4C Intel CPU paired with dual channell OCZ PC4400 gold el running off a OCZ PS 600 power supply. I've been running at 285 FSB for over a year with vcore at stock voltage. Zero problems or issues.

Not all 2.4C intels can run at high FSB frequencies.

I've had a couple of 2.4C CPU's that only could reach 267 FSB without a vcore increase.