medical advice about my hard headed girl friend

charlie22911

well, my GF wont tell her docter about this, and it worries me. so i have a question for anyone who might have the slightest clue of whay may be up.

she dont eat right for one, says she gets a tad sick at her stomach after she eats the little bit she does (half a chicken finger sometimes). also she has the bruises that have been poping up on her legs, says she dont bump anything and she has one that has been there for the 6 months we have been dating, kinda of a dark blue color.

it worries me... dont know what else to say...should this worry me or am i being a worry wort?

anyhow, can anyone shed some light on what i should mabye do, i cant get her to talk to a doctor for nothing... if you have anymore questions about this like faimly history and what not, i can answer them. she is 17yrs old BTW, im 17 as well, 7 months her senior, if that means anything (which i doubt).

thanks for your replies...

Charlie22911.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no doctor...but...she needs to see one. It sounds like she has an eating disorder. The lack of food is depleting her body of vital substances(vitamins and minerals), which would be the cause of the bruising. She may not remember hitting anything but they skin is so frail that a strong breeze could bruise her, similar thing starts to happen to drug addicts.

But like i said im not a doctor, but seeing one wouldn't hurt.

she is about 5'8 and weighs 127lbs. i in contrast am 5'11 and weigh 130-135 (depends). i too think she may have an eating disorder, but ive also heard of posible gallblader problems from her dad, he says the same thing happend to her mom. she eats only a little, and not very healthy things on top of that (fried foods, chips, sodas etc). i have begged and pleaded but she wont listen. if it get any worse im tieing her up and carrying her there myself. im seeking advice because mabye i can persuade her to change some things, i got her drinking water instead of mountain dew so far... now im just trying to get her to eat a little more.

thanks for your replies, please keep them coming...

yes, i can and have, both of them. her dad told me that her mom had gall problems when my GF was 12 (her mom is 40 now). he told me that she has simular symptoms to what her mom had when she had those problems. back when my GF was in the hospital though they did a CT scan and found nothing, they also did tests for cancers and various STD's as a precautionary measure, all came up nothing. they did find she was anemic however (which i am as well). she also has asthma if that counts. i do believe there is a history of cancer in the family and heart problems, but like i said, those tests came up nothing and she was tested more than once. she did have mono ( i had gotten it about 2 yrs ago from a drinking fountain at school, go figure :() but thats gone now. but yes i can talk to the parents, i will see them both tomorrow and sunday as a matter of fact. anything i should ask?

hmm, apart from the once a month thing im realy not sure. i have not heard her complain so my ansewr would be no. im thinking, could a thyroid problem cause this?i had a thyroid problem that messed me up (think enlarged breasts), was a cyst, they burnt it off with meds. they never found out what was wrong until they did a ultra sound on a doc's hunch. wonder if she has a simular problem... but she has nothing like the symptoms i had. but being the thyroid as complex as it is, never know. now something else i can tell you is that she is under a good deal of stress, that may account for the eating, but the vrusing stumps me. she said that one say at the beach she was laying on a towel in the sun, and when she awoke she had this burning rad spot the size of a golf ball (mabye a tad bigger), it went away but she said thats where the dark blue "bruise" came from.

ive had 4 years of biology, half a year of human anatomy, and 2 yrs of health so i know the very baisics at least, dont be afraid to throw some questions at me ;).

liver was tested, apart from the mild swelling from the mono, everything came out normal, however the gallbladder has not been tested as far as i know. as a matter of fact docters suspect my sister is having gal problems and she is only 13... my mom had hers out when she was young too. i will relay this to them as at this point they are open to suggestions.

thanks for your help! any other things i may want to look into are welcome as well. i want this nipped in the bud :).

Charlie.

no offense intended by this blunt statement.

she's anarexic simply to put it my mother went through it for about 9 months last year after her divorce,as tweak stated in his first post the lack of vitamins and nutrition is leaving her body frial and pitiful for example I would just tap my mother on the shoulder to get her attention and no more then 5 mins later a bruise the size of a half dollar or so would appear the galbladder is the most usless organ in a human body if anything is wrong with it you would nor beable to know unless a doctor pointed out unusual high amounts of certin protiens and so forth in your blood,both my parents have had it removed all it does it filter out"grease" and unhealthy fats that you eat. just google for anerixic symptoms and see what you find.