X600 XT crashes with stripped screen

I just caught a screenshot of my video card crashing. My Sapphire X600xt has been crashing repeatedly for over 9 months now.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5524/pict00117ts.jpg

Any theory as to what the problem may be?

System Specs:

A64 3000+ @ 2.3 1.35V

2 x 512 kingston mosel chip valueram 3-3-3-8 1T 2.6V

DFI Lanparty UT nforce4 ultra HTT mult r 3x

Sapphire Radeon X600 XT /w 128MB

Enermax Noisetaker EG495

The system would stall as the crash begins, then the screenshot comes up, then the screen returns to normal, then the screenshot comes up again, and then VPU recover kicks in. Refreshing the vga driver using rivatuner causes this to repeat, and I couldn't get rid of it until restart.

System has been running overclocked for 10 months, prime95'd 12+ hours multiple times, and hasn't crashed other than the video card issue, so I consider it stable.

The problem occurs at stock settings or overclock settings, and occur randomly when I use my computer. It has never crashed when left on overnight even at max load. The video card itself has never been overclocked. I highly doubt its a heat problem, since the card temperature rarely breaks 45 deg celcius. All power plugs are plugged in, tried various speeds of cpu/mem/htt, both pci-e slots at 2x, 8x, 16x speeds, swapping ram in single channel, dual channel, different colored slots, messing with voltages, etc etc. No success even after almost a year of poking.

Problem seems to be getting more severe. Getting blotches of video corruption from time to time.

I guess the main thing I want to know is if the dfi board could be the cause of these problems.

Any input or theories would be appreciated.

Thanks

Also...I recently got a new hsf and am trying to push my processor further, but the computer would totally crash after a while of priming. Computer would freeze, sound would stop, mouse doesn't move, no response at all, but after a while, the monitor turn off feature kicks in. What I find strange is that this IS predictable, the priming time before crashing seems somewhat fixed. The test I was running was the max fpu stress, so this shouldn't be memory related? Raising the voltage seems to increase the time it takes to crash, but its still there...

Which CATALYST drivers are you running? Have you been running different driver versions and still notice this issue? Do you have the Chipset drivers installed and did you check the whole list before you installed every component set of that driver? SW IDE DRIVERS....nVIDIA Manage? It could be various components, have you tried putting different components in to see if this issue still occurs?

I've tried several catalyst drivers, ranging from 5.1 to the most current and went thru multiple reinstallations of windows. No dice. I don't install anything but the basics for the nvidia chipset drivers (no nvidia firewall, manage, etc). Went thru multiple versions of those as well. Tried both windows stock and nvidia ide drivers, went thru a ide -> sata hard drive upgrade, no changes. Tried various memory sticks, in single channel and dual, no dice either.

I'd say it's something with the g-card, not the memory, if it would be he wouldn't get the stylish screen rendering, maybe ask one of your friends to try it, if they encounter the same problem it's heat or just broken.

Whenever my system boots I seem that same exact type of garbled screen during the black winXP loading screen (one with the dashed blue progress bar at bottom) then the screen flashes again and it continues to boot into windows without problems and works fine. It does this on EVERY boot though and I don't know the cause.