Web cam won't function. Please assist.

I have seached this forum on the subject and it appears others are having the same issue. Their web cams won't function. In one case it's the Lanparty UT SLI-DR and in my case it's the SLI-D yet we both have the exact same problem.

I have tried everything possible. Driver installs both from safe mode and normal mode. Removed all files including related .inf files as indicated by intel and did clean install of fresh drivers for my cs431 camera. Everything installs fine, no errors in device manager. Today, moved camera to powered hub, still the same thing-no go. Everything appears to be normal from windows standpoint. Drivers are installed, no errors in the device manager, windows reports the device is working yet no images from the camera. I plug the camera into my labtop beside me and it works straight off. All my other USB devices are working, 4 USB Joysticks, keyboard, mouse, midi keyboard, track IR. I removed all USB except keybaord and mouse and still the camera won't function. I have moved the Camera to each USB port one at a time and each time it installed no problem but refuses to function. There are others with the Lanparty UT n4 boards who are experiencing the same thing. Their web cams won't function. Please help solve problem.

Please assume the device is installed correctly with no errors in the device manager. USB reports there is power to the device. Thank you.

PACO454

• 6 months later...

We all have same mobo, and different webcams, its problem in usb driver or usb ports. I dont really know which ports are 1.1 & which are 2.0. I assume its both on 1 port autodetected. Webcam settings are fine, drivers are fine. I tried on sisters pc, she has nf3 chipset and works fine. I can actually notice that webcam can detect some picture but its really really dark, if you put your hand over, you will notice it actually works but cant show good picture with good intensity and brightness. Any tips ?