Sign in to follow this  
SJF

IRQl not less or equal error constantly

I had to reflash my cmos and ever since computer may run for 5 min and up pops this error. Sometimes a page fault but 99% of the time its the IRQL error. Nothing is diff, no added software or hardware. Was attempting to tweak bios then system wouldn't boot so had to clear cmos. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks

Guest Ryn

Usually it is a memory problem, happened to me several times. Test your memory with the built-in memtest in the BIOS. Run test #5 for at least an hour and then run test#8 for an hour as well. If your memory didn't show up any errors, run the whole test for 8Hrs to be sure that your RAM is ok.

I had to reflash my cmos and ever since computer may run for 5 min and up pops this error.

It seems your BIOS is not assigning resources(namely IRQ) to the video card as it should and it gives you that message...with the new BIOS see if there's a option in "PCI Configuration" that says "Reset Configuration Data" ....

Change that to AUTO, it should be "disabled" by default

Now am getting tons of errors. Is it possible that messing with the bios corrupted xp beyond repair? What I did in the area in the bios where you set your voltages. Believe their was one called startup and you could manually set voltages. I set that and that when all my problems started. Computer wouldn't boot so reset cmos. Tried repair to no avail. Thanks for your input.

If you input a voltage different that what you had with your previous bios and therefore never tested could be the cause of your problems....

Do a cmos clear and load optmized defaults to see if that helps

Thats what I did was clear the cmos cause computer wouldn't boot. Reset my memory settings and left everything else as b4. Think I am SOL.

I royally screwed my XP install during an overclock run a couple weeks ago. Same problems you're having, and more. Permanent graphical errors, couldn't open compressed files... It was a mess. Had to kill the partition and start over.

Did you just install the cat 6.4 drivers by any chance? They completely hosed me, getting the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Which in my case were both caused by the cat 6.4's (memtest ran perfectly). The reference I usually use to figure these out is Here (OCforums)

Yup sounds like we have same problems. Reinstalled xp and still having problems. Anywhere on this site i can goto see what my bios settings should be? basic settings anyway. Thanks

nope running cat 6.3, Whats weird is had no problems until changed voltage setting where it says STARTUP you can choose other voltage settings. After that all went to hell. Thanks guys really appreciate the help.