Sign in to follow this  
Zordrack

overclocking for dumbass

I was wondering if that's possible to get the setting of an already overclocked bios of someone who has a system similar to mine, since I know strictly nothing about overclocking. I thought it could be great if someone else could do it for me :nod:

That maybe a bad idea, but i'm kinda disapointed because I feel like I should get more perfomance from a system like this one.

I was wondering if that's possible to get the setting of an already overclocked bios of someone who has a system similar to mine, since I know strictly nothing about overclocking. I thought it could be great if someone else could do it for me :nod:

That maybe a bad idea, but i'm kinda disapointed because I feel like I should get more perfomance from a system like this one.

with that cpu you dont need to be overclocking.

i have a bfg tech 7800 gtx 256 mb i was thinking about getting another for sli

do you know what you hit in doom3 timedemo demo1 benchmark? with like 1600x1200 x4 anti aliasing high quality textures or ultra?

Its not hard to learn the basics to get you a somewhat decent overclock...you may not understand the OC or anything but if u read the "OVERCLOCKING GUIDE" (you can look at it on this forum ..just search) if you read it for about 15 mins you should be able to do a decent overclock

Its not hard to learn the basics to get you a somewhat decent overclock...you may not understand the OC or anything but if u read the "OVERCLOCKING GUIDE" (you can look at it on this forum ..just search) if you read it for about 15 mins you should be able to do a decent overclock

its worth your time, trust me..

I was wondering if that's possible to get the setting of an already overclocked bios of someone who has a system similar to mine...

No. This is not a good idea. Even systems with identical setups of hardware tend to perform differently. CPU:s do differ a lot, which might become a positive or negative surprise for the user. How much voltage it will take to accomplish X.XGhz for CPU or XXXMhz for RAM will also differ.

As has already been said, it's not too complicated to get a decent overclock if you follow the guide. The difference from the guide is that your fancy CPU has a lot more potential for tweaking.

With that CPU mate....all you need to do pretty much is try a HIGHER multiplier since it's unlocked.,....don't change anything else....lol

Damn, you dont yet know how to overclock but you have an OUTSTANDING!! rig

thats like getting a Porsche 911 Turbo when you're 16. Im as jealous as all hell :)

I'd love to see what you will be getting out of that rig soon. keep us posted

Hail everyone,

I did'nt overclock anything yet but I did some test with Timedemo demo1 from doom3 in 1280X1024 ( highest resolution my screen support ) and ultra high quality setting. I ran these test with 4GB and 2GB ram memory, results speak by themself.

4GB AAx0 : 2148 Frames rendered in 39,4sec = 54,5 FPS

4GB AAx8 : 2148 Frames rendered in 56 sec = 38,3 FPS

4GB AAx16 : 2148 Frames rendered in 87sec = 24,7 FPS

2GB AAx0 : 2148 Frames rendered in 42,2sec = 50,9 FPS

2GB AAx8 : 2148 Frames rendered in 56,1sec = 38,3 FPS

2GB AAx16 : 2148 Frames rendered in 87,4sec = 24,6 FPS

That might be interesting for people who were thinking about getting extra memory, I did'nt notice much difference between 2GB and 4GB. :(

Thx for all your feedback, I got the overclocking guide ( that thing in pdf format ?), it seems to be a pretty well done guide. So I'll starting reading it and see what I can do. I'll keep you updated if I can work out some decent overclocking by myself. :cool:

No. This is not a good idea. Even systems with identical setups of hardware tend to perform differently. CPU:s do differ a lot, which might become a positive or negative surprise for the user. How much voltage it will take to accomplish X.XGhz for CPU or XXXMhz for RAM will also differ.

As has already been said, it's not too complicated to get a decent overclock if you follow the guide. The difference from the guide is that your fancy CPU has a lot more potential for tweaking.

Good advice..

There is no easy way out when it comes to overclocking.. It takes time patience and many sleepless nights..