xp-90. which fan?

ArchVile

aight, i think this should be the FINAL xp 90 thread. i cant decide which fan i wanna go wiuth. im kinda new to the xp-90 so im not sure which fans can fit on it. i want what most dudes want. i want it to be quiet and to cool the processor really well. im considering the panaflow, but i wanna get advice from the experts first.

Guest area51

Hello,

When I had my XP-90 I used one of these fellows

Medium Panaflo

Any louder than 30db and I start getting irritated...and it still gives 48cfm so worked out really well for me.

I used this Zalman

http://svc.com/92zalzm.html

This quiet case fan from Zalman uses a sleeve bearing and includes an optional inline resistor to run 5.5VDC. The fan outputs a normal 36.1dBA of noise when running at full speed flowing 53CFM. But hook up the inlcuded resistor and the fan becomes almost inaudible, putting out only 20.0dBA while flowing 38CFM. Package includes four fan screws and an inline resistor. The fan uses a 3-pin connector. Fits where any standard 92mm fan normally goes.

Specifications (resistor disconnected):

Airflow: 53CFM

Rotation Speed: 2800RPM

Noise Level: 36.1dBA

Rated Voltage: 12VDC

Current @12VDC: 0.25A

Specifications (with resistor connected):

Airflow: 38CFM

Rotation Speed: 1600RPM

Noise Level: 20.0dBA

Rated Voltage: 5.5VDC

Current @5.5VDC: 0.115A

Do what I did get a 92MM tornado and a nice fan controller, adds some color to the front of ur pc and gives u the option to crank her butt if you dont always need 100%

I got pc toys 4 channel fan controller I think it was like maybe 19 bux

I'll recommend this Panaflo H1B:

http://jab-tech.com/Panaflo-H1B-92x92x25mm...an-pr-2001.html

I have two of em ( I got 3 pin tail's so can run direct on the MOBO CPU Fan Header)

One sit's on top of a XP-90 on top of my P4 3.0E, I run at full speed need it to cool my Prescott ( my DVD/Video editing system) It's quieter than the stock Intel

I was so impressed with how Quiet it was I bought one for my SI-97a in my NF2 Ultra B, ( Too bad it wont fit in my case due to my rear case fans, I had to go with a Thermaltake UFO probably the loudest Fricken fan on the Planet, I run at half speed & it's still louder than my Panaflo at Full)

Just an FYI, if you decide to go Panaflo, not all Panaflo Fans have RPM sensing, the one I linked does.

The H1B at full speed pushes 56CFM enough air to cool some big OCs.

As far as 90/92mm fans anything that pushes more than mid 50's CFM doesnt cool the cpu anymore, IMO more than 56cfm is useless.

I have a silentx 92 mm. It's rated at 14db and 45 odd CFM. It is not as powerful as some, but this thing is whisper quiet, even at full blast. If you have good airflow in your case, it's a good solution. I also have a Thermaltake UFO which I use for suicide clocks and it can give me close to 4-5 deg cooler temps, but it is LOUD