Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

i've been running 270x10 1:1 since yesterday and it seems stable. vcore is 1.4 in bios but 1.39 in smartguardian.. it's good since my ram cant go pass 265 with my expert.. :D

well...I've been priming at 250x10 for about 7 hours now...which is odd because it simply won't do more than 2 minutes at 240x11 before it fails (this particular cpu will do 280x10 and 255x11 on a couple boards.

I remember there was a particular issue with 9x multi's on the NF3, but I seriously doubt that is the problem here...I just can't seem to find the right setting on this with an 11x as it fails prime instantly or within 2 minutes no matter if it is 215x11 or 250x11...but x10 seems to be just fine

gonna test my personal theories out a bit more after 8 total hours of prime95 so I can get it eventually into the OC Database

I can hit 245X11 stable, so it seems to vary board to board, I guess...

Regards

Raja

i too was having this issue on 36GB raptors in RAID 0 on the ULI controller. however i seem to have cured it by following JohnMikes RAM settings etc that he posted earlier. I have gone over 2 days now and not had a single problem - fingers crossed

>>geeds: you've been told to make a proper signature...so don't delay anymore and make one. Now.

Up till this reply I had no idea I was 'told' to have a signature. I have no interest in system specs anyway, but I guess if I do someone a favour with it. I am not a gamer, I write software. Fast compile time for me is more important than FPS. I was trying to help, and I think I did.

Ben

When you report a problem regarding your system, it's better and quicker for everyone to understand from where your problem may cames from, if that helps indeed, it could help someone else with the same problem or the same hardware as you and lead to a conclusion.

It's not a favour, it's for your own help and others with the same issues...

Understand?!...We are not fashion hardware exhibitors!

Yup tried johnmike's settings, still no luck still getting the errors, not sure what else to try

and yes, raju, new bios, flashed the way you mentioned, and removed the uli.ex, well the whole damn folder

just am stumped at this point, if anyone has anysuggestions regarding my memory itself, would appreciate it

memory7yn.gif

are you using uli drivers 2.14 or 2.20?

I'm using 2.20, the ones on the DFI cd are 2.14..

Yup tried johnmike's settings, still no luck still getting the errors, not sure what else to try

and yes, raju, new bios, flashed the way you mentioned, and removed the uli.ex, well the whole damn folder

just am stumped at this point, if anyone has anysuggestions regarding my memory itself, would appreciate it

I dont know about you, but in my case, when i have such complicate and hard issues, i start from the begining and make a fresh install with the less hardware possible.

I would only connect to the CFX3200-DR the following, yours:

X2 4400 without OC

CMX1024-3200PT Corsair Ram x2 TWINX

X1900XTX

2x74 WD Raptors Raid0

Only one DVD Burner

BFG 600W PSU

Samsung SyncMaster 242MP @ 1920x1280

From here i would make all the tests, if the issue doesn't show up connect the rest of the hardware one-by-one and test it, one after the other.

If the issue remains, try every single solution at your hands, try to change the hardware with a friend or someone close to you.

Last option would be, RMA the board.

I'm on a new install too, I still had issues after the reformat/reinstall of XP, however, after using the methods posted earlier I have not seen a ULI error since (though I would still not say that I'm completley convinced the problem is fixed for me, every time I open event viewer I'm suprised that the error is not there, time will tell).

hey guys, just been reading along from page 1 to 7~9 and have noticed the sheer amount of pain this board is giving out. So lets say i bought this board now, what bios is likly to come with it? would it be stable. i have the worst luck with bios's so i guess this isnt the board for me lol. although im bloody good at overclocking

oooook

I am now beginning to think that my particular problem is with the 11x multiplier on the X2 4400+ (both of my 4400+ cpu's at that)

I am now about 20 minutes from stopping this thing yet again, but this time at 260x10 with my 2x1GB OCZ PC4000EB (Infineon CE-6) modules

I have this feeling that I will easily be able to do like raju and pull 270x10 with them...the first 5 days I spent fighting this thing was with an 11x multi, and even at 215x11 it fails prime within 2 minutes no matter how I tweak it out....but I've got a 250x10 OC Database entry that I need to put together, and soon I'll have a 260x10...which really makes me scratch my head at wtf could be the problem with these X2 4400+'s and the 11x multi as I have never encountered such a problem before lol.

Strange but true eh

anyway

with the 5/23 bios and my new love for 10x multi's, I am quickly falling in love with the board (as I told you I would).

the biggest drawback is the crappy ULI RAID controller that only allows 2x drives in RAID-0

this is simply unacceptable when ATI's direct competitors (Nvidia/VIA/Intel) all allow 4x drives in RAID. ATI needs to get their act together on this and move to a real ATI SB since ULI is owned by Nvidia now.

Honestly...other than this complaint...I am not really having much other complaint about this setup now...however about once every...20-25 reboots, the screen will stay black but the rig will go ahead and boot all the way up (but nothing you do will get you video so you got to just hard-restart it). This I think has more to do with Crossfire than anything because it happens on the RDX200 board as well as my Asus P5WD2-E Intel 975X board that runs Crossfire.

I got like 15 entries to the SSDB and OCDB so I should probably spend today getting a lot of those done eh?

lol I think I have re-installed Windows XP at least 40 times in the last 8 days now...and FINALLY I think I have got it all setup just how I want (other than being pissed that I can only have 2x drives in RAID-0).

Diskkeeper still doesn't work regardless of removing the uli.exe from starting up...it will defrag the drives no problem, but you cannot control the MFT fragshield process as it will eventually stop communicating with the drives/controller, and then you are totally hosed as when you reboot forever more after that, you have to go through endless Chkdsk crap.

I even managed 300htt 9X multi, ram 180mhz divider, 3-3-3-8.. Obviously the same ram speed as running 270 10X multi 1:1, but it goes to show that high HTT's are not out of the question, that's while running Crossfire and Raid on the ULI controller..