Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

but no bios update since 12/23/2005 which is simply ridiculous considering the string of problems that still exist on it...but overclocking isn't one of them lol)

Ahh, hell you have got to be kidding me, is this what I have to look forward to with this board...

Maybe this will be the first, and last DFi board I ever buy.... :(

However to those with X2 4400, I am not sure what to say, I have been running at 240x11 since day one, does not like 250x11, but will do 270 x10, I just leave it at 240, then I don't have to overvolt it too much, and it is fine for me, as my memory is at 1:1, and the corsair I have is pretty old, and pretty much sucks butt, so will just leave it alone.

Sure would like a fix for my WD Raptors and the ULi controller though...

240x11 is all I was shooting for too but I can't even get that with 3 different kits of RAM now =(

and now the SI3114 is giving me all kinds of hell...*sigh*

like I said earlier post...I'm sure eventually someone will force Oskar to fix the bios to where it allows us proper operation of the motherboard (not just overclocking). It only took 2 months for a decent fix for the NF4, and another 2 months after that for a REAL GOOD fix (which led basically to Tony's 7/04-2BTA a couple months after that)

so figure 6 months worth of waiting for a real killer bios to come out and then it will be good deal ;)

except in 6 months I'm gonna be using a Conroe cpu on a 975X or later Intel board...so hopefully it will not take that long

Not sure about the six months for me, I am shooting for feb or march '07 or whenever vista finalizes for the conroe upgrade, so need to milk this board a bit longer....

I think when I do go crossfire, that will more that get me through the next 8-10 months.

6 months from release to stability seems a bit long in computer terms, cause like you said, DFi and many of the other board makers should be moving most of their resources to AM2 and Intel's newest offerings

21 days since this thread was started, and we are no closer to a fix.

I feel kind of the same way. My first foray into "Building your own" since I was in my 20s (back when Computer Shopper was a HUGE magazine) has been kind of a bummer since I spent a lot of money to put together a really sweet rig and its been cool except for this, which is troublesome since it seems completely out of my hands to fix.

I have now given up. the board is sold and will be out of my hands over the weekend.

I feel really let down. Its cost me £50 to have this board for less than 2 months and its still is not right despite the hours i put into it.

I have got myself a Yonah and Aopen board... will upgrade to memron when out, but for now I will enjoy some peaceful computing.

PS: Dear DFI, where do i send my £50 bill. Signed ... Your most faithful, but now unfaithful Customer.

its not just DFI problem, with Asus i got same problem, must be chipset related, blame ULI, not DFI, actually DFI is more responsive to this than (we ignore you) Asus.

finish installed windows, x-fi currently unplug, but i dunno why windows cant detect my raptor hdd that is in slot sata 7 :(

seagate 250gb sata II --> sata 1

wd 250gb sata II ---> sata 2

raptor 36gb sata ----> sata 7

but in windows only got 2 hdd..

aha and my super pi got 51secs.. the lowest i got since my amd barton day...

its not just DFI problem, with Asus i got same problem, must be chipset related, blame ULI, not DFI, actually DFI is more responsive to this than (we ignore you) Asus.

Dear All:

Just to keep you guys updated with the progress on this issue.

After consulted with ULI, ULI is now working on this issue. We will keep you inform if we have any update information from ULI.

In the meantime, thanks for "spajdr", our test result also confirmed his point. you may view the screen capture for more detail information.

ASUS_CFX_ULI-ERROR.JPG

Two weeks ago I sent in my Asus A8R32 MVP De luxe for an RMA. reason, the system was occasionally (couple of times a day) completely hanging. The system was configured in RAID5 , with three disks (Samsung). The problem was still there after the 311 bios upgrade. Then there was a new bios (4??), I did a live update and halfway the system frooze. So now it's gone back to get the BIOS in there again....

Did not want to wait for it, so I bought a ABIT AT8 32X.

Configured RAID5 on the ULI controller, with the same disks.

And guess what, I have the same problem, controller errors in the event log and the ULI raid manager popping up that there are problems on 1 disk.

I already discovered that the events actually are very regular on my system, exactly every 2 hours and 1 minute....

This makes me believe that it is not a disk, BIOS, or driver error. It has to be software running somewhere. And the only thing I could think of is the ULI raid manager, which is started after login (it's in the 'Run' part of the registry).

So just an hour ago I took it out, so I don't know yet if the problem is gone. I'll post it later. My theory is that the ULI raid manager is testing my disks 'condition' every 2 hours and that is causing the error.

That may also be the reason that I saw this post that someone reinstalled windows, thought that the problem was gone, but after installing the remaining software the problem appeared again, probably because the uliraid manager was part of the remaining software.

Here is my post in the ABIT forum.

http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?t=107086

BTW, I also had USB problems and these were solved by removing the ULI USB drivers that came with the motherboard, the standard windows USB drivers work fine.

http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?t=107089

Ben

The first 2 1/2 hours are passed, no errors, normally the first error is 2 hours after login.

Interesting, wonder if that will work on DFI boards...

I don't want to reinstall windows, can I just uninstall ULI RAID Manager and the ULI USB Drivers?

BTW Of course my two hours was up while typing this post, typical.

Because sata slot #7 is on the SIL Raid controller and there must be a driver installed for Sil Single drive in order for windows to see the drive. Had you put the raptor on the faster Uli with the other drives you would not have had to install a SIL driver.

RGone...

finish installed windows, x-fi currently unplug, but i dunno why windows cant detect my raptor hdd that is in slot sata 7 :(

seagate 250gb sata II --> sata 1

wd 250gb sata II ---> sata 2

raptor 36gb sata ----> sata 7

but in windows only got 2 hdd..

aha and my super pi got 51secs.. the lowest i got since my amd barton day...