Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

My bios settings (look my sig for hardware type):

FSB Bus Ferquency: 260Mhz

LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio: 4

CPU/FSB Ferquency Ratio: 10x

RD580 HT PLL Speed: High

HT Bus NMOS Drive Strength: 10

HT Bus PMOS Drive Strength: 10

HT Bus Receiver Impendence: 10

CPU HT Bus Drive Strength: Strong

K8 Cool & Quiet Support: Disable

CPU VID Control: 1.52v

CPU VID Special Control: Auto

DRAM Voltage Control: 2.70v

SB PCIE Voltage: 1.85v

NB Analogue Voltage: 1.34v

LDT Bus Voltage: 1.34v

NB Core Voltage: 1.34v

DRAM Frequency Set: 200

CPC: Enabled

CAS (tCL): 3

tRCD: 4

tRAS: 8

tRP: 4

tRC: 10

tRFC: 13

tRRD: 3

tWR: 2

TWTR: 2

TRWT: 3

TREF: 4708

Bank Interleaved: Enabled

Errata 94: Disable

Errata 123: Auto

ODD Divisor Correct: Disable

DQS Skew Control: Auto

DQS Skew Value: 0

DRAM Drive Strength: Auto

DRAM Data Drive Strength: Auto

DIMM 1/2 Clock Timing Skew: Auto

DIMM 3/4 Clock Timing Skew: Delay 150 ps

Max Async Latency: 8

Read Preamble Time: 6

IdleCycle Limit: 16 cycles

Dynamic Counter: Disable

R/W Queue Bypass: 16x

Bypass Max: 4x

Burst Length: 8 Bursts

Tony OCZ mentioned in his report for the CFX-3200-DR, that Drive Strenght and Data Drive Strenght sould be set to Auto, if is there any raid0 present on ULI controller.

No issues now, but had before has i have mentioned.

Native Command Queue is disabled because it's not supported on WD Raptor 74GB, just on the new Raptor 150GB.

I know you had many issues and you say that you have none now... I would just like to be clear that the stuttering issue is not there for you.....

Normally found after using the machine for 1 to 2 hours and using the raptor hard drives for that period. Evidence of the error is found in the event viewer under System and reports as M5288 "The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period." or similar.

Normally found after using the machine for 1 to 2 hours and using the raptor hard drives for that period. Evidence of the error is found in the event viewer under System and reports as M5288 "The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period." or similar.

That's the exact same report that i use to had in my Event Viewer. That issue happened for same periods and i notice most of the time when i was browsing and surf on the internet.

That issue is now gone.

That's the exact same report that i use to had in my Event Viewer. That issue happened for same periods and i notice most of the time when i was browsing and surf on the internet.

That issue is now gone.

You have several things different in the bios, i have changed to match urs and am testing now.

Well im just after building a fresh install of xp sp2 into the sil image controller which i had issues with previously but i decided to test it again and with only the bare escentials, 1 raptor drive, dvd, floppy and so far its looking good i dont mind using the sil image 3114 as my raptors are sata150, thats if this works with out flaw

will post back later.

Well im just after building a fresh install of xp sp2 into the sil image controller which i had issues with previously but i decided to test it again and with only the bare escentials, 1 raptor drive, dvd, floppy and so far its looking good i dont mind using the sil image 3114 as my raptors are sata150, thats if this works with out flaw

will post back later.

Well, I for one am not really willing to "Settle" for that. Its a partial solution at best if I'm expected to switch over to the SIL controller. I have four 3.0g drives and I want to use them at 3 not 1.5. I'll post some more detailed info when I get home if that helps with the troubleshooting.

Ok, here's a screenshot of my drives:

wdraptor.JPG

So it looks like I also have the non TLER versions of the drives.

-Toby

FINALLY!

This thing is now flaw free i will stick to the sil image controller for the time being, and also boots faster too 2 blue bars (but after all it is a fresh install, still a fresh install on the uli controller would take a good 6-7 xp blue bars), also decided to move my sound blaster audigy 2 zs to pci slot 3 (Strange thing is when it was in slot 1 the card would be seen as 'Audigy 2 ZS [CC40]' and now it is seen as 'Audigy 2 ZS [CC80]' can any one explain this? the device IRQ is still 5) :)

Progress perhaps.

I have used 90% of the bios settings provided by JohnMike and, so far - 2.5 hours or heavy raptor use, no error.

first off i tried setting the Drive Strength's to 10, CPU HT Bus to high and the NB / LDT / SB voltages. This did not cure, and error still occured.

Then i changed the RAM settings... I Only changed the following:

Errata 94: disabled

Max Async: from 7 to 8

Read Pre from 5.5 to 6

Dim 3/4 Skew from auto to Delay 150

Dynamic Counter to Disable

R/W Queue from 256 to 16

Bypass Max to 4x (cant remember what is was, but i did change)

Burst Length to 8 (again cant remember what it was)

So far this is working.... much to my amazement.

I will try and tie it down to one or two settings when i'm sure this is fixed. The Burst Length feels like a possible as we talk about burst speed on HD's

Going back a step and just for interest look at the event log (filtered for this event) on my machine...

event.JPG

Just look how regular the time differences are... during these periods the computer was on all the time and just being used to program / browse. Almost exactly 2 hours apart...

EDIT

at 11:40 the event happend again....:( back to the Raptor TLER idea me thinks

EDIT

at 11:40 the event happend again....:( back to the Raptor TLER idea me thinks

Try going to the sil image controller (as a precaution i disabled the uli sata controller) And im now very happy wont be going back to the uli controller until it is sorted out.

Just look how regular the time differences are... during these periods the computer was on all the time and just being used to program / browse. Almost exactly 2 hours apart...

Well, without spamming you with my entire Event Log I am noticing the same wierd 2 hour pattern between "Events" (Except for a few cases). I don't see how the drives can go into a "Deep Recovery Cycle" every two hours! But that's just me. Here is my info:

raid.JPG

5/15/2006

10:33:03 PM m5288 Error The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period.

7:48:02 PM m5288 Error The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period.

5/14/2006

11:21:17 PM m5288 Error The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period.

9:19:22 PM m5288 Error The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period.

7:17:41 PM m5288 Error The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period.

5:16:37 PM m5288 Error The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period.

3:15:56 PM m5288 Error The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period.

1:16:11 PM m5288 Error The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period.

11:13:39 AM m5288 Error The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period.

8:53:48 AM m5288 Error The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period.

5/13/2006

6:35:58 PM m5288 Error The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period.

4:27:21 PM m5288 Error The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period.

1:56:25 PM m5288 The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period.

Try going to the sil image controller (as a precaution i disabled the uli sata controller) And im now very happy wont be going back to the uli controller until it is sorted out.

Wouldn't that involve a complete re-format, if using Raid?