Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

A64info...

nope, the other one :P

[edit] thanks Lane, although i think the option may not be available in x64 *shrug*

No its the clockgen bgive you this .. look on memory buffer

ditto

trying to find the rigth skew for my bh6.......as far as i can see...the memory buffer is the main thing on this board

good luck

It looks like I figured it out... At least for me!

I have 2 raptors 36GB, 2 WD's 200GB and 3 Maxors 160GB. All S-ATA.

No matter what combination, raid or no raid the controller would error very often to me. Heavy diskload was no option, about every 30seconds an error appeared in the event viewer and the system would freeze for a few secs.

After playing with SouthBridge settings in bios I found the errors got less, but wouldnt go away. After some thinking and reinstall after reinstall I thought: "Southbridge... ULi... ALi... USB!"

Decompressed the Integrated 220 drivers from nVidia.com with WinRAR.

Set all ALi controllers to defaults USB controllers and the Standard Enhanced PCI to USB-hostcontroller installed with the AliEhci.inf in the Integrated 220 package...

No errors for over one hour now with the raptors in raid0 64k.

I also enabled the HPERT option in the bios... I hope this will work for more than one hour, and not only for me. Let me know.

Thanks i will need a lotof luck...

I have try 150 + 300+ 450ps... but it s clear my kit have got real prob.. only on the SLI DR it was looking stable, but with really higher voltage of what is rated the kit...

So i think pehraps look for a RMA, i wait too pretested BH5 kit...( this time tested for use less voltage..)

change the buffer in bios....i noticed that the changes made in windows doesnt seem to get the effect that they have in bios

also see your ht speed.....above 250 htt i had to increase the bus receiver impendance.....for 300 htt i have 20.......

good luck

I have make the change in bios.. the only thing i change in windows is sometimes the fsb speed.. i m not really sure of timings change under windows..

I use 31 for the impedance.. but.. i will work again on Tref timings and DDS/DDDS i have time before i play with another kit..

Hey ChkDsk: Which drives do you have on the ULI controller? (And be sure to create a signature, so we all know what you have on your rig). Also, I'm not sure that I understand what you did with the USB drivers? Did you update them to the 2.20 drivers?

Please report whether you were error-free under some kind of CPU and hard drive load for several hours. Thirteen hours is the most I've gone error-free under load, average of one every six hours. The errors don't seem manifest themselves if the system is idle.

Hi all with the M5288 problem, I have had the event log problem and lock ups since I first had the motherboard. As you can see I have not got Western Digital Drives and am not set up in a Raid Configeration. I have read every Post regarding this motherboard and have had some positive results due to flashing the BIOS as instructed by RGONE then running KILLCMOS and F_TESTER Reformating the Hard Drive and installing the 120 ULI SATA Driver at F6 only loading the Sound Drivers and Lan Driver. This has almost cured the problem, before it used to lock up about every 40 minutes and as soon as I tried to download any large program or run any large program. It only Locks Up sometimes when first switched on and running very large Games Ghost Recon or Video Compressing. I dont think the WD Drives are the problem. I hope this helps.

THis is a very strange thing indeed as now i consider mine fixed i actually wonder what could have been the cause? there are 4 things i have changed in the board, 1 i have re-allocated the sound card to the bottom slot, result = no more choppy sound in games, 2 i have re-allocated the radeon card to the slave pcie slot and 3 i have re-allocated the WD raptors from uli ports 0 and 1 to ports 2 and 4 i have changed the default raid name (dont think that matters though).

EDIT: Nah im still not happy with this, even though there are no errors in event viewer, my mouse will still be glitchy (mx1000 , no its not dirt This didnt happen with sil3114).

I can' t use advance 150-300ps.. in this case the windows will just not boot ( bsod)..

For the moment i have stabilise at 278-280x11 but with a divider at 166mhz, this kill totally the bandwith of the DDR but i can play and bench like this..

BuT, i really think to RMA the kit, as soon i can use another one during this time,

So i need buy a new kit, like i will have tested BH5 kit, i think go for a 2Gb kit..

So the question? what DDR choose in the 2gb line.. i can have G-Skill ( black and blue heatspreader PC4000 2gb, don't remmeber the exact name: 3-4-4-8 and the 3-3-2-8, other i can have the Corsair TwinX2048- PC4400Pro C3, looking on many reviews of the CFX3200-DR and presentation of cfire by ATI, i see they use on many cfg the Corsair...

Is it a good bet to choose this one ( note on the corsair memory upgrade search, they present only this one and the same in PC3200 + the 1gb TwinX3500LLPro..like compatible DFI...) Corsair will be a good bet?.. ( i have a Opty 150, with multi at 12x. so in general my OC is between 260x12 to 265x12...) look like a perfect match.. what do you think? or too much trouble with this type of DDR....?

i tested some teamgroup cronus uccc under an asus a8r32 mvp deluxe

did 265 with very good perfomance in 3dmark 2k1.....1k marks better than my geil one tccd

didnt tested any more 2g kit with this chipset