Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well got my board yesterday and been setting up this little lot today.

DFI CF3200-DR

FX-60

Vapo LS

2 GB Gskill HZ - 1 GB OCZ 3200 Plat TCCD

2 x X1900 Xfire Cards

2 x raptor 150's

So far my thoughts are...

Board is absolute pants

DFI should be shot for supplying this to the market.

Points as follows...

1. To use your USB Keyboard you have to make a change in the Bios

2. Gskill 4000 HZ SPD piced up incorrectly

3. Gskill will not run at 250FSB (stock)

4. Board will not overclock - anything over 220 with ram 1:1 falls over

5. Ocz Ram will not boot at 250FSB 2.5,3,3,6 (runs at 300 with these settings on NF4 DFI boards)

6. Finaly got some good settings (see below), but performance is less than the ASUS even at higher FSB

7. PCI-E - Can not find any Lock on this in the Bios

8. Asus at 3.0Ghz scored 39k 3d2001, DFI at 3.3Ghz scores 36k???????

9. Super Pi at 3.0Ghz on Asus scored 27secs - DFI at 3.3 scores 27.3Secs????

10. DFI does not come with optical out - something i really need - the documentation on thier web site is unclear on this.

The best i can do at the moment is...

CPU set at 220HTT with 15Multi = 3.3Ghz (vapoed)

Ram (Gskill) at 220 2.5,3,3,6 2.8v

I am absolutly fuming with DFI and will be taking these things up with them on tuesday. Charging a very high price is one thing if the board is exceptionally good... But its not.

DO NOT BUY THIS BOARD YET (in my opinion)

Oh forgot to add... No software supplied for XP 64 Bit - The driver disk just throws an error. Bios software on thier site says that i dont have a bios.

this board is new what do you expect? the asus board didnt even work correctly when it was released, let alone overclock. download tony's bios and some of your issues will be resolved. when this board has been out for a while, it will get the performance, it has alot more potential than the asus.

this board is new what do you expect? the asus board didnt even work correctly when it was released, let alone overclock. download tony's bios and some of your issues will be resolved. when this board has been out for a while, it will get the performance, it has alot more potential than the asus.

Because of the price £176 + postage in the UK. I would expect it to be 90% perfect. Also my supplier queried the price with DFI and they said the price was because the board was faster than the Asus. This is not true.

If the board were the normal price, then yes, i would agree - its just normal issues.

On the possitive side... i'm sure they are all fixable with bios revisions. I just hope DFI earn thier money and produce these quickly.

well, dfi isnt going to say their boards are slower, lol. the asus board was also ridiculously overpriced, but i think it did come down pretty quick. dfi still holds an advantage over asus and that is that it has very large enthusiast support, plus custom bioses.

what i see here....starts to get scared - i wonder if the board will work with my mushkin redline 4000 - even at stock speeds :shake:

we'll see....the board will be here at saturday 22nd - can't wait till i'll be dying of frustration ;)

Overfiend, I know how you feel man, I have everything sitting next to the computer I'm using now and it's just so damn frustrating. I wish I could just plug this stuff in... Thanmk God mobo will be here on WED... You and I have the same prossesor, I have ati cards, bought straight from ati.com, but same .. Same PSU / I'm staying with my old Creative SB Audigy 2ZS, cause I've heard about X-fi IRQ sharing problems and just that card giving alot of people problems with their CF set up, I'll stay clear of it for now. Now, my question is. Is it just me or is the onboard sound not attached to this board, what's up with that? Do you have to solder it in or what's the deal?

@ "Overfiend", there is no reason for panic unless you let anticipation cloud any judgement and patience you may possess.

&

@ "Nystylin74", and you as well really. The same would apply.

EVERY DFI board I have used since the first dual channel NF4 has liked to be started and first played with and even had windows first installed with ONLY a single stick of memory in the Orange slot furtherest from the CPU. Doing so lessens the odds to less than 2 in a 100 of any issues. Same APPLIES to this board. And most slick repair techs leave the sound cards out until windows is installed and then go back and add it in just to keep sound peripheral problems down. This has all been going on for years and has kept many a problem down. Then along comes all the world wanting to DIY assembling with DFI normally more adjustable boards and the DIY is not keen to patiently approach assembly and often has problems.

Slow down and pay attention to the details. If you have UCCC type IC memory, there is no reason for any concern at all. As far as concern for some other type ICs the odds of problems decrease when the caution to start with only a single stick in the Orange slot futherest from the CPU applies to this board as well as any DFI dual channel board I have used since release. (Of course this does not apply to DFI 939 Infinity series boards since they don't normally have Orange slots)

AG and I report it like we see it. No added BS or imagined BS. Just how it is going with us. Most of the time this gives the user the idea to slow down and pay attention and all is usually much better then.

It has taken me four days but most of the original issues with my board are sorting out now. I just know if I had paid attention to the fact that most DFI dual channel boards need to be first setup with only a single stick in the Orange slot furhterest from the cpu> I might have saved myself a day or two. NO it is never written in any manual to approach it like that but we have seen it written 1,000s of times in these forums.

Take it slow and easy and you will likely have none of the issues I had because I flailed at it like many impatient folks do. I pulled me some real newb tricks with this board and it bit back. Hehehehe. :shake:

RGone...

Well got my board yesterday and been setting up this little lot today.

DFI CF3200-DR

FX-60

Vapo LS

2 GB Gskill HZ - 1 GB OCZ 3200 Plat TCCD

2 x X1900 Xfire Cards

2 x raptor 150's

So far my thoughts are...

Board is absolute pants

DFI should be shot for supplying this to the market.

Points as follows...

1. To use your USB Keyboard you have to make a change in the Bios

2. Gskill 4000 HZ SPD piced up incorrectly

3. Gskill will not run at 250FSB (stock)

4. Board will not overclock - anything over 220 with ram 1:1 falls over

5. Ocz Ram will not boot at 250FSB 2.5,3,3,6 (runs at 300 with these settings on NF4 DFI boards)

6. Finaly got some good settings (see below), but performance is less than the ASUS even at higher FSB

7. PCI-E - Can not find any Lock on this in the Bios

8. Asus at 3.0Ghz scored 39k 3d2001, DFI at 3.3Ghz scores 36k???????

9. Super Pi at 3.0Ghz on Asus scored 27secs - DFI at 3.3 scores 27.3Secs????

10. DFI does not come with optical out - something i really need - the documentation on thier web site is unclear on this.

The best i can do at the moment is...

CPU set at 220HTT with 15Multi = 3.3Ghz (vapoed)

Ram (Gskill) at 220 2.5,3,3,6 2.8v

I am absolutly fuming with DFI and will be taking these things up with them on tuesday. Charging a very high price is one thing if the board is exceptionally good... But its not.

DO NOT BUY THIS BOARD YET (in my opinion)

Oh forgot to add... No software supplied for XP 64 Bit - The driver disk just throws an error. Bios software on thier site says that i dont have a bios.

Dear simonmaltby:

Thanks for choosing DFI products.

We have noticed the issues described in your post on this forum.

First of all, we would like to say, according to our internal tests result; the performance of DFI CFX3200-DR is obviously better than ASUS. We are very confidence about this point.

Secondly, most of memory module manufacturers have various models with the same speed but equipped with different memory chips. Those memory modules may look the same, however as we all know, different memory chips will certainly lead to very different performances and test results. It would be important for us to find out the exact model name of the memory modules used in your test. In the meanwhile, please also provide us the detail overclock configuration mentioned in your post. We understand your frustration. However enable us to help you further; we will need to conduct simulation tests based on the components and overclock setting you did in your tests. And it will be the best if we would rebuild the exact system environment of yours.

Therefore, we would be grateful if you could capture your overclock setting by CPUZ or any similar utility program and send those setting alone with exact model names of the memory modules to us.

P.S: To compare the performances between DFI CFX3200 and Asus, please refer to the test result showed below:

(Both systems were tested under the default setting of the same AMD FX60 CPU)

minicfx32004ew.jpg

minia8r320ez.jpg