Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Try using only a single stick of memory in different slots.

Did you leave your CMOS jumper in the 'clear' position by chance? The computer will perform like that if you do.

In any case, be sure to clear the CMOS before trying a single stick. Might want to update your sig to reflect your board change, and any other change you may have had.

Saddly, tried all that. And this is a diffrent computer. It's an Opteron 180, 1GB G.Skill DDR400, X1650XT(MSI), a Seagate 120GB IDE, and a WD 500GB SATA.

Edit: And also an FSP 500w. I know it's a bit meager, but I currently don't have the funds for a PSU more suited for this job.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta fight with them if they're brand new. trust me i thought mine was doa. fooled with it for a few hours and it worked. clear cmos via jumper, install out of box, etc...

the cfx is a dual x16 mobo, and not all have the uli error. i have disabled my uli, sil, and got a newer sil 3134 pci express 1x card, same error as always.

new bios doesnt fix it either.

afaik its not always uli. maybe bios, typos or something:confused:

my fix attempt: http://csd.dficlub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5977

other cfx mobo, still trying to revive from the co0lant leak. i got it from 88 to CF so far:angel:. more alcohol baths, maybe some replacement circuits:confused: we'll see :tooth:

Saddly, tried all that. And this is a diffrent computer. It's an Opteron 180, 1GB G.Skill DDR400, X1650XT(MSI), a Seagate 120GB IDE, and a WD 500GB SATA.

Edit: And also an FSP 500w. I know it's a bit meager, but I currently don't have the funds for a PSU more suited for this job.

that PSU should be fine with that hardware

• 4 weeks later...