Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

I just got this mobo and an AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+, 2.2 GHz processor from a guy who said that they we're "brand new". I brought it to a pc store and had them wire everything up but I get nothing on my screen. I brought it back down to the pc store after I had brought it home (I was going to install windows at my house) but I had nothing on my screen. They said it could of been the graphics card (which i had through also because it wasn't recognizing it) I bought a new one (EVGA 256mb 8600GTS) and my pc recognized that but I was still getting a black screen. Everything sounded alright when I booted up, all the lights turned on, all of the fans. Once again I brought it down to the pc store for a diagnostic. He said everything was working aside from the cpu/motherboard which he couldn't test because he didn't have the right equipment there to test it. He wasn't sure which part was not working through because the cpu had no burn marks or any deformities, and the fans were running everywhere.

Basically: Lights and fans turn on, video card is recognized. Doesn't post, no bios come up. Just sits there, looks pretty and makes noise.

Mobo: DFI Lanparty UT CFX 3200

Proc: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+, 2.2 GHz

Disk Drive: ASUS 18X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe and 14X DVD-RAM Write Black SATA Model DRW-1814BLT

CPU Fan: ZALMAN CNPS7000B-ALCU 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan

Graphics Card:EVGA 256-P2-N765-AR GeForce 8600GTS 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Superclocked HDCP Video Card

HD: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s

Monitor: SAMSUNG 941BW Black 19" 4 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor

Case: APEVIA X-Navigator ATXA8NW-AL/500 Silver/Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll need to get your hands on another CPU that is known to be good. It will then either work or not work. If it works, it was the CPU, if it doesn't work, it was the motherboard. Did you try to reset the BIOS? Sometimes if the MB is over clocked too much, it wont POST the BIOS.

You'll need to get your hands on another CPU that is known to be good. It will then either work or not work. If it works, it was the CPU, if it doesn't work, it was the motherboard. Did you try to reset the BIOS? Sometimes if the MB is over clocked too much, it wont POST the BIOS.

The people at the computer store said they would be able to test it in a week so I'm just waiting on that.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi All

Having at last somewhat late in the game picked up a CFX3200 I have a few questions.

If I run a raid array on the ULI controller as a slave with no operating sys on it will it still disply the ULI fault?.

That would then help me decide whether to pop the os on it or not.

Also as the CFX3200 is X 16 on both pci- e slots under crossfire would that make it more compatible with my upcoming HD3870 card.

Any help appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Smiffy

In my experience, the ULI will still display errors even if it isn't where your OS is installed. I tried putting my sata burner on the controller and it seemed to work fine until I tried burning DVD's. That caused it to give the errors and fail the burning process every time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright, my board isn't posting, at all. It turns on, fans spin, nothing on screen, no beeps, and the diagnostic thingy says "88". Anyone know what I did wrong?

This is a CFX3200, diff computer

Alright, my board isn't posting, at all. It turns on, fans spin, nothing on screen, no beeps, and the diagnostic thingy says "88". Anyone know what I did wrong?

This is a CFX3200, diff computer

Try using only a single stick of memory in different slots.

Did you leave your CMOS jumper in the 'clear' position by chance? The computer will perform like that if you do.

In any case, be sure to clear the CMOS before trying a single stick. Might want to update your sig to reflect your board change, and any other change you may have had.