Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

I gave up on my Asus A8R-MVP and its problems and ordered a DFI CFX-3200 mb.

It will probably arrive next week.. hopefully this board will put my mind to rest.

Never owned a DFI board before, always been using Asus boards.. well time for fresh breath to take place :)

Same here! I hope I get mine by Wednesday!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have numerous points to tell why you should not buy an Asus A8R32-MVP.

It still has alot of stuttering in games even with the new 0404 bios. I have an Asus A8R32 now and not pleased about it... They say 60 % Ht Link speed overclocking. LOL most people can't even get 5%. Also with normal overclocking like FSB/HTT for CPU and DDR is also a pain. Either way it doesn't matter anyway because Ht link speed overclocking is not that important. ATi is new in this bussiness with chipsets. I think I am going to buy me a simple DFI NF4 infinity board or so and stick with one vid card I have from ATi and wait for the new technology to come along since physics is now new on the market. Like Angry said Ati is new with the chipsets... let it grow. I love the forum BTW. Much better than Asus ^^.

Question for Angry. Can people use the 1t with 2 dimm's in the 1st and 3th slot and not like the RDX200 in the 2nd and 4th? I hope if you get it stable with stock speeds you won't encounter the same probs like Asus A8R32 with there stuttering ingame or the so called fastforward play ingame. If it is rock stable after a new Bios release i will buy the DFI ATi 3200 instead of a DFI NF4 for my 4400 x2! Or angry has to say that the support for x2 CPU's on NF DFi boards is still better than de ATi DFi boards! ;)

Ocz VX4000 will not boot windows with two sticks.

Ocz PC4800 TCCx will not boot windows with two sticks.

Memtested a number of sets from Thursday until Saturday morning and thought it was sussed out. Not for me. Installed WinXP on raid 0 and took 3 hours since I finally had to resort to using only one stick of memory then installation flew.

Installed chipset drivers and shutdown and installed the other TCCx stick and it would not boot windows. Pull one stick closest the cpu and it again booted fine.

Glanced to my right and spied some Kingston that was as odd as anything I had and slapped it in the two Orange slots and BAM Winders. Got me scratching multiple areas of my body for sure. Got Owu's latest bios onboard and I am still right here typing away with the Kingston that never wanted to see more than 225 FSB before running ~235 on a 166 divider to push this cpu to 2650Mhz. Strange it is. But at least me is two sticken her.

More reports as I can see them or unearth them with the few folks that have one already.

RGone...

Whew, feeling some beta now since I just threw a set of Ocz Gold Edition GX XTC 3, 4, 3, 8 in 1:1 @265x10 on 3800+ X2 processor and BAM winders on those two sticks.

Update #1 is done.

RGone...

Ocz VX4000 will not boot windows with two sticks.

Ocz PC4800 TCCx will not boot windows with two sticks.

Memtested a number of sets from Thursday until Saturday morning and thought it was sussed out. Not for me. Installed WinXP on raid 0 and took 3 hours since I finally had to resort to using only one stick of memory then installation flew.

Installed chipset drivers and shutdown and installed the other TCCx stick and it would not boot windows. Pull one stick closest the cpu and it again booted fine.

Glanced to my right and spied some Kingston that was as odd as anything I had and slapped it in the two Orange slots and BAM Winders. Got me scratching multiple areas of my body for sure. Got Owu's latest bios onboard and I am still right here typing away with the Kingston that never wanted to see more than 225 FSB before running ~235 on a 166 divider to push this cpu to 2650Mhz. Strange it is. But at least me is two sticken her.

More reports as I can see them or unearth them with the few folks that have one already.

RGone...

i've got some handpicked G.Skill (2-2-2-5 timings at 3.2v) and some really awesome G.Skill 3-3-3-8 DDR500 sticks i'm going to see about using with this board. 512mb sticks all around.

i've also got some Elixir hi-volt stuff that will be interesting to try.

dave

ive flashed it up to OCZ Tony's BTA bios and it is running the 24h Prime95 test right now (about 19 hours into it) so I must say that Tony's bios loosened up the stock bios DRAM timings enough (i've never had OCZ PC4000 EB fail at stock speed/timings before this CFX3200-DR board, so looks like the stock bios was just wound up too tight)

Once I get the prime95 testing done with OCZ 4000EB 2GB, I will try some OCZ PC3200 VALUE 2GB, OCZ PC4000 EL Gold 2GB, Corsair PC4000 PT (Samsung UCCC), Ballistix PC4000 2GB, etc

I've no real interest in trying 1GB kits as no one is buying them anymore, and I've got simply too many 2GB kits to test, and once I get 2GB kits into the Stock Speed Database with this board, then I have to go back and begin the overclocking and tutorials and video making etc on it for everyone.

Gonna wait on tutorials until my Crossfire cards arrive as many many people still cannot figure out how to setup crossfire correctly.