Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

WOW!!! Angry, Don't pull any punches or anything!!! If it wasn't for the excellent support of "the street", I would have never bought this product. overall, I'm pretty satified. The only problem I got with this board is it's locks up 5 minutes into a cold boot. I just restart and then it works fine.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DFI has stated they have zero plans to try and correct the many problems with this board. That should tell you everything you need to know about purchasing DFI products in the future (and again, you should return the board and get something else, or demand a full refund from DFI if you cannot return the board to your place of purchase)

That explains why I was able to get it for such a low price.

On the flipside of that thought, I can't say I really blame them. I mean come on, its a socket 939 board. They gave an old dog new life for a bit, kinda put "the best of the best" in what is pretty much a killer set-up for a 939 based system.

After everything I've read about this board and the experience building a system around it, I can honestly say this is one of the "kit car's" of the PC industry. A very exotic "beast" in its own right.

Figured i would do a defrag with Raxco perfect disk, well, the controller is still broke on my end, no luck here, sigh.....

trouble0wv.gif

if you get that and running RAID, you are Screwed, this beta driver might work

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/408

but the best solution is to uninstall all uli sata raid drivers, but might be a for RAID setups, then you might want to get a pcie addon card like Silicon Image 3132 PCi Express 1x SATA RAID 2-Port :)

I thought there was some kind of commitment on their part to fix this last year. But I see there is still no BIOS update as of 7/28/2006. I only get this message once in a while. Sometimes every few days but as of right know its been about 12 days. The main thing for me is I’m convinced it causes the random lock ups in long gaming sessions and large file transfers. :(

So is Angry correct? Do we all start contacting DFI asking for are money back? I’ve been waiting almost a year now and will be upgrading before the end of this year. I’ll never buy DFI again and or never buy a board that’s not been out for three months prior. :)

Between this board and the ATI crossfire issues this has been my worst build ever and I’m closing in on twenty years of building systems.

if you get that and running RAID, you are Screwed, this beta driver might work

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/408

but the best solution is to uninstall all uli sata raid drivers, but might be a for RAID setups, then you might want to get a pcie addon card like Silicon Image 3132 PCi Express 1x SATA RAID 2-Port :)

I as well, am sick of this motherboard. I've tried all of the fixes and nothing works.

I will be attempting to RMA the board back to newegg... The only problem is that I will have to buy either an Nforce board (no crossfire) or the older ATI Chipset (cant think of the name right now.. starts with an R?)

The problem is not with the mobo swap and the format i will have to do, it is the inconvience of it all.. I'm in the middle of college right now (as many of you are) and I don't have a week or so to have my computer down. (I'm doing a lot of programming at the moment)

If i find the time, I will also be writing a letter to the Maximum PC watchdog about this FUBAR situation...

was making some progress with this board(was pretty stable except for spoller substem fatal errors) until I turned off fast post to read the bios version.

now it won"t boot(led display gets to C2 and restarts. no video)

I tried clearing the cmos but still no boot:confused: any advice before it goes back to newegg?

edit: nm started working again

Hello, I was wondering if anybody could help me out. My computer has recently started acting up. Whenever I boot, it takes about 3-5 minutes to get past the POST beep. It seems as if it's checking for something in the DVD-drives, so I unplugged them and it still took forever to pass the POST beep! It's beginning to become frusterating and it's hard to find solutions anywhere! Any ideas???

Dang Ordered mine when I couldnt find the streets, and now I am a little angry cause I couldnt wait.

Well I havent installed it yet, so I cant complain until I experience some woes, I think I will call the dealer back up and see if he is willing to trade it out with something else.

Dang Ordered mine when I couldnt find the streets, and now I am a little angry cause I couldnt wait.

Well I havent installed it yet, so I cant complain until I experience some woes, I think I will call the dealer back up and see if he is willing to trade it out with something else.

It's actually not a bad beta product, too bad DFI will never get it ready for release. :rolleyes: Best bet: Send it back and get something else.