Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Mussels i think u have to install ali drivers then delete the uli drivers then reboot but be warned I can't confirm this. I know I delete the uli then reboot and no go cause windows didn't have ne drivers at all but one would think that if the ali drivers were in and u delete the uli then reboot windows will see the ali drivers. Ps maybe you could confirm this with somebody else as i have not tried this move, also my drives on the uli are not boot drive. My boot drive is on the fasttrack controller card but i still have 2 drives on the sata2 uli controller but using windows drivers no uli errors in 3 days now

I have 4 sticks of RAM

2 of them are Single Sided and 2 are Double Sided.

I won't be overclocking it for now, just want to run it at standard configuration until I get a new pair of RAM.

Can DFI LAN Party UT CFX-3200DR work with Kingston Value RAM?

ok, I have been watching this thread closely, as I have been having the same stuttering issues with my CFX3200. I have installed the latest drivers, the latest bios, and have also ran power strip and set the controller latency to 32... I still have stuttering problems and they seem to be getting worse. I am also starting to get disk read errors on startup...

as someone asked before, is it possible to just change my SATA drive over to the Silicon Image controller to fix this issue? (I am willing to take the performance hit if so.)

Is there any other fix that I have been overlooking?

my stuttering problems got really worse too. i just put the drives on the silicon image controller. haven't noticed any difference in performance. at least the comp is working like it should now ;)

Ive had my cfx 3200 dr for three or four months now and haven't been able to get the system stable. I use it for music production and whenever you do anything that uses the proccessor a bit like playing games running cubase e.t.c. it crashes and kicks you out of the program/game or occasionally goes to the bluescreen of death. It does it often enough that i'm not using it. I thought it was my ram so i got reccomended stuff. That didn't help so i got the corsair hx620 psu in case my cheap psu was the problem and that hasnt fixed it either. I'm not using raid or overlocking or anything i just want it stable. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm running the 7/28/2006 BIOS. I'm not to clued up so it could be bios settings. It's just on auto.

my stuttering problems got really worse too. i just put the drives on the silicon image controller. haven't noticed any difference in performance. at least the comp is working like it should now ;)

Could you explain the steps/settings you took/changed to do this?

I just attempted to switch my drive over to the Silicon image controller and failed miserably. My first attempt, i plugged the drive in to SATA port 5. went into the bios, enabled the Sil controller to SATA mode, and disabled the Uli controller. I then made sure that my SATA drive had first boot priority. saved settings and restarted. all went well until i got to "backup CMOS...OK!" after that, it just sat there doing nothing.

Second attempt, i unplug the power from my PATA drive and restart. Same problem.

Third, i boot up into XP setup and tried to run the repair console. it told me that no hard drives were present.

Fourth, I boot up into XP setup and hit F6 to see if installing the controller drivers would help. got into repair console, still says no drives present

Thats where I gave up and set everything back up to its normal stuttery state.

Does anyone have any ideas what I did wrong?

don't disable sata controllers. i think it disables both of them ;). at least thats why i didn't choose disable. i think what u did cofirms i made the right choice :D

i simply moved the cables over from the uli to the silicon image. :)

I guess the only solution i haven't tried is installing the windows (ali) drivers again.. I'm searching for them, but having problems finding them. does anyone have a link to the download? thanks.