Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These results are going to be skewed towards the problem side as a lot of people with this board but not having issues aren't going to be posting on this forum anyway.

I have seen (or heard of) very few people that have had no problems or are now running fine without any problems on this board. I have been looking into it for a long time and almost every person I talk to says the same thing, dont get it its broke and DFI are not doing anything about it.

It would be interesting to also see what drive makes have the problems as I heard once that only WD drives (which I didn't believe for a second) have problems, and then from the people that have ok running systems to see if we can workout what or where the problems are.

As it looks TBH like DFI have no interest in sorting out this board, as they made it they can fix it, but dont, which is a shame and the new builds I am doing are going to have to be something very special to keep me looking at their stuff.

used to get the errors about twice a day but now have had none for 4 days.

I have been messing with the bios, set my HT Bus NMOS Drive Strength, HT Bus PMOS Drive strength to 12 & HTBus Reciever Impedance to 0

will give it a shot tomorrow

by way

happy new year:)

will give it a shot tomorrow

by way

happy new year:)

Those setting was for overclocking but it seemed to have a side effect of stopping the disk freeze.

I spent good part of half a day trying to find the best combo for my cpu by overclocking to 2.8 at low volts which i know will fail prime but when messing with them settings i went from under 5 mins stable to 20 mins to 50mins at same vcore but the core that failed would change depending on the settings.

Now the bad news i was at 2.952Ghz not prime stable for the 4 days but just just now i dropped down to 2.855Ghz prime stable but now the errors are back.

So i will be going back to 2.952Ghz to see if it stops the errors again until my Opty gets here.

To me it seems that messing with Pmos, Nmos and HTTBus Reciever only effects the stability of the CPU and the LDT speed, and has really no effect on the Uli errors.

I've been running 15-15-25 but those settings are not stable when Priming at 11x257HTT @ 1.488v and 5x257 LDT

I've read on Xtreme that keeping Pmos higher than Nmos can help a lot when running a high HTT en high CPU clcok.

It was suggested that 4-1-10 is a good setting when running high HTT with TCCD based sticks. It works for me, but only if do 4x257LDT, 5x is not possible (then again, I don't have TCCD in my system but Micron 5B-F)

At the moment I'm doing 11x257HTT @ 1.488v and 5x257LDT with 5-5-10 and it works like a charm :)

I'm still searching for a good guide (or any info for that matter) that explains how Pmos, Nmos and HTTBus Reciever have to be adjusted/are related to different CPU and Ram combo's

I can get errors by simply reading out the smart informations, I tried several Tools, I can even here it if I'm playing some music in the background, every time I update the smart information in the tool the music stops for half a second or so...

Apparently, it appears that MikeK75 is right. So basically, it is probably going to take several more polls, starting with hardware people who are having the ULI issues have something in common. I am not saying that I or anyone else will be able to solve the problem, but the more information we have, the better idea we might get.

Jason