Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

I can't load the ULI floppy during initial XP set up. I hit F6 & enter after it asks for the floppy, it waits a few seconds, & then it just keeps asking for the FD to be loaded. I've tried 2 floppy drives, 2 cables, & 3 floppy disks from different sources. BIOS is set to seek floppy on boot, & the FDC is enabled in the BIOS. It just seems like it wont accept or store the data. Would this qualify as having trouble with the ULI RAID controller?

Puzzled, I really do not know how to respond to you at this point. Last I knew you could not even get your motherboard to boot so you could get to the bios. I offered to call and help you on the phone, and you sent me a PM stating that you would send your phone number and you never did. That was the last I heard from you.

So without being rude, I have no idea of the status of your motherboard or if its even running. From what it sounds like to me, you do not even have an operating system loaded, so at this point no one could know if you had an issue with the ULI.

Jason

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puzzled, I really do not know how to respond to you at this point. Last I knew you could not even get your motherboard to boot so you could get to the bios. I offered to call and help you on the phone, and you sent me a PM stating that you would send your phone number and you never did. That was the last I heard from you.

So without being rude, I have no idea of the status of your motherboard or if its even running. From what it sounds like to me, you do not even have an operating system loaded, so at this point no one could know if you had an issue with the ULI.

Jason

Jason, I was able to eventually get to the BIOS screen with multiple BIOS clearings & by switching to a 6600GT card. I immediately switched back to the X1950 card & it posts. The first screen (blk&wht) says Award BIOS v6.OOPG. At the bottom it says 04/25/2006-RD580-M1575-6A7K9D49C-00. I don't know if this is what you wanted.

Currently I can get to the Award BIOS & the ULI M1575 RAID BIOS. Everything is set to load the XP CD. It seems the data is going through the floppy drive to the motherboard & not working out from then. Does the floppy drive route the data straight to the ULI chip when you F6 the floppy when loading XP? The BIOS is set to seek the floppy at start up, & the FDC is enabled.

Like an idiot I installed mine without checking the date on the BIOS and ran into problems. My board must have been sitting on a stock shelf since the release so I flattened tonight and am starting again. Disabled the Silicon Image controller and used the latest BIOS and RAID drivers.

No problems at the moment but will be happy to report back after more testing in the new year.

Shame about this problem but I suppose if it's just the ULI RAID controller then theres the option of adding a PCI-E Sata 2 controller like an Adaptec.

Looks like I'll have to try the Adaptec controller as even with the latest BIOS the damned ULI fault comes back. Very poor testing and support with this one DFI.

i was having no issues with 1 harddrive and overclocked at 2.6 gigahertz for my opteron 165 with auto ram settings (have 2 x 1 gig gskill uccc). i transfered over about 40 gigs from the laptop i was using while i was upgrading my machine. once i attached my other 4 harddrives to my system the problems began. computer was very unstable. i set the ram timings manually, ran prime95 on both cores for 2 hours and 4 minutes till i was satisfied it was stable, ran superpi twice and it completed on both cores, but once i started a disk intensive program the computer locked up. im getting 5288 errors in my system notices in management console. any fixes? i have the latest july bios.

i am not running raid. currently i have 2 x250 gig sata seagates (8meg cache), 1 8 meg 400 gig sata seagate, and 2 400 gig 16meg cache ide seagate drives connected.

I've got 2 250GB Western Digital Caviar Special Editions w/16MB cache (WD2500KS) on the ULI in RAID 0.

Once or twice a day, my system freezes completely and needs a restart.

The event viewer records an 'error' that says:

"The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period."

Followed by 2 'warnings' that say:

"An error was detected on device DeviceHarddisk0D during a paging operation."

All three occur at the same time, to the second. The time when my system freezes.

I used to get the errors about twice a day but now have had none for 4 days.

I have been messing with the bios, set my HT Bus NMOS Drive Strength, HT Bus PMOS Drive strength to 12 & HTBus Reciever Impedance to 0

used to get the errors about twice a day but now have had none for 4 days.

I have been messing with the bios, set my HT Bus NMOS Drive Strength, HT Bus PMOS Drive strength to 12 & HTBus Reciever Impedance to 0