Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8MB Raptors error constantly, single drive or raid.

I'm using a 36GB Raptor purchased in Feb of '04 and have had no problems or errors since I built my system. I wonder if any of the firmware revisions have anything to do with errors or no errors on these drives.

I added a second SATA drive to the ULi interface and had a slight issue with it. I have the Raptor connected on port 1 and tried to hook the second drive up to the second port. The second drive was not recognized by the chipset but when I moved it to the third port it was recognized in the BIOS in the second spot. Don't know what thats all about but it works so I can't complain too much.

These results are going to be skewed towards the problem side as a lot of people with this board but not having issues aren't going to be posting on this forum anyway.

While you make a good point, we are only going to get our information from people that do post. As with any poll, the results are limited in regard to your sampling population and sample size. Of course the larger the sample or poll results, the more accurate the information will be.

I think what is important here at this point, at least for me, is to find out if this issue is more widespread with people who have 8MB Cache drives or 16MB Cache Drives. Once we can get an idea of that, then another poll can be run as to what brands. At least this is the direction I decided to go in.

Hello.

Don't you need two different polls? So you can compare problems with cache sizes etc. I keep thinking that we aren't properly looking at what gives some people the issue and others not.

Desean, I certainly can understand your point. I figured a good starting point would be to find out if the issue is more common with 16MB Cache drives or 8MB Cache drives. I thought this would be a good way to start. Of course any suggestions anyone has are welcome, and they certainly have the ablity to start a poll and collect information if they feel their approach might be more effective.

Thanks

Jason

I can't load the ULI floppy during initial XP set up. I hit F6 & enter after it asks for the floppy, it waits a few seconds, & then it just keeps asking for the FD to be loaded. I've tried 2 floppy drives, 2 cables, & 3 floppy disks from different sources. BIOS is set to seek floppy on boot, & the FDC is enabled in the BIOS. It just seems like it wont accept or store the data. Would this qualify as having trouble with the ULI RAID controller?