Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

I bought this board in Nov 06. I didnt get to move my system over to it until the end of the month. I move to it from a Asus A8R32-MVP. I moved over to this board because the Asus board didnt have the ability to hold a stable vcore so overclocking was painful. A friend of mine had this board and we wanted to find out if the boards made alot of difference. My opty when up to 3.0 on his system (stable for 6 hours) and his never made it past 2.7 on mine. I tried different ram, psu ect. Finially i was convinced it was the mobo. So i hit up newegg and got one of these. My friend runs a RAID 0 on the uli on his board. I ran a RAID 0+1 on my Asus. I get my system upto (306 x 9) stable for 18hours Prime95. I had to work so i stopped the prime95 and start working. Every thing was fine except every now and then a hick-up or pause. I figured i over looked something in my oc and set everything to stock. Still getting the pauses. Ok i can live with it got to get work done. Then the systems shuts itself down. No restart just off, everything is on stock. I lost a windows system32 file. I had to do a repair to get in and look at the system logs. I quickly back up my work from this week and start researching m5288 errors. This was the first link in google. To my horror i see 62 pages of posts. After a couple weeks reading them and trying the various fixes offered i am down to spratic pauses. Hopefully no more shut downs.

I have not been battling this for months as some of you have but i am frustrated with this. As soon as i can i am moving away from the 939s. Not bad chips but just no good mobo to support them. :mad: :confused:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, been following this thread on and off for a few months and to be honest I've been having a snigger at all you poor CFX3200 owners, as my A8R32 has no such issues with it's ULi controller. That is, until now (I guess Karma is getting me back), I just swapped out some drives: bye bye 3x Seagate 7200.7, hello 2x Seagate 7200.10 & 1 raptor 150gb. Installed the raptor first and did notice some freezes, nothing huge just figured I needed a cleanup. Anyway, I finished my cleanup and I still get the occasional freeze(2 or 3 seconds at random & long freeze on boot). I've not tried the new ULi bios yet, but may just get rid of the Raptor as it's too noisy & installing it seemed to kick off the freezing:mad:

was told alot of good things about dfi mobos,was dissppointed with the cfx3200,feel dfi let us down as users

was with abit for long time without issues

will looks carefully about next upgrade when i change in a years time

get great help here from users,if i didnt,would send back dfi and get different one

good site

have had my OS on the seagate drive for month or so now.. previous to that on single WD disk... during both periods no freezes... also have OC'd my system finally (see sig)... no freezes... just an update... i see some of u r still at it so to speak... good luck, & Merry Christmas

Just wondering if the freezing problem exists w/winxp 64?I was going to try it when I get two sata2 drives to setup a raid array.Right now I have just W.D.Raptor on the ULI.Also has anyone tried to run raid w/Vista?I would think that if the problem still exists w/winxp 64 and vista then is is the ULI chipset is just bad.One other thing as I read somewhere that if you enable ULI HPET in the bios it allows the southbridge to run at its own clockspeed.A shoot in the dark but maybe that might help.

I can confirm it happens with x64 as well. I'm not sure if the Vista 64-bit drivers help as I didn't run them longer than a day because it seemed to cause some BSoD's and strange hard drive parking sounds at shutdown. It's quite sad that NVIDIA is all over fixing the same issue with its 680 chipset but leaves us in the dark just because it wants to hurt ATi.

I had problems in Linux, XP32 and XP64 with the ULI controller.

I'm all done with the CFX. I had all sorts of trouble with power regulators on the board this week. Pulled it out and threw it across the room into the closet, but not before it cost me another $150 for a PSU. I'll stick with my expert until I move to conroe.